• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Unit exploding on death to cause damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Will there be many units like that?
If not, you can use this action (right after the unit spawns) to add the correct event:
  • Trigger - Add to Your Trigger the event (Unit - (Last created unit) Dies)
It does work with multiple units, but adding many events isn't the best option if there will be many exploding units :).

Level 2
Awesome, man. I was going about it with the wrong ability.

By the way these units will spawn periodically from a region, so yes there will be many units. I'd like the unit to actually actually explode. The spell I was starting off with was Kaboom! and I like the explode animation given to that unit when it used it. Would this explosion be an effect? If so I can't find the effect anywhere.

Thanks for your help, sorry for my noob question.

Level 2
To get it to explode, do I what do I attach it to? I tried "Art - Effect" and "Stats - Effect" of the ability and neither seem to work.

You can add it to the Art - special effect of the UNIT... then make a trigger which runs on unit enters the map, check the unit type, if its the bomb, run the action: Unit - Make unit explode upon death... that will make it run the Art-Special when it dies... the unit won't be leaving a corpse but that is fine since its a bomb right?

Status
Not open for further replies.