• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Uninformed about Double Posting. Infraction Recieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is not a rant about my infraction. I need help about this uninformed double post.

I am surprised that I do Double Posting so much. I dont do that so I am surprised to know about it. The site normally warns if you double post. I didn't get those warnings so I thought I am doing ok.

I am very sad that I get an infraction not because of my action but because of my shitty internet connection.

Heres my problem.
Whenever I post then I disconnect I normally just refresh the page. It sometimes send me to LOGIN page. Which might cause the double post?

I need help on how to prevent this. I really dont get warnings. I am afraid that in the future I am surprised I got banned because of posting 100 same things.

Is there any way I can do to help me detect If I double post.? I think there is a problem when I refresh this website after disconnect.

I promise I am not trolling. I recieve a warning about unconstructive comments 2 Years ago.

Level 36
I don't know about a post posted twice, and the infraction you got was not that.
If it had been, I wouldn't have infracted for it. And as I informed you, we usually
don't infract for double posting, but since you've been around for some time I
expect you to know the rules. Don't fret however, it's only a seven days infraction.

Your first and second post had different messages, so they couldn't have been the
same post. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Level 6
I don't know about a post posted twice, and the infraction you got was not that.
If it had been, I wouldn't have infracted for it. And as I informed you, we usually
don't infract for double posting, but since you've been around for some time I
expect you to know the rules. Don't fret however, it's only a seven days infraction.

Your first and second post had different messages, so they couldn't have been the
same post. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Dont worry before the infraction I have this problem already. I still cant find a fix.

Sorry if I cause some unintentional problems. I am still waiting for some suggestions regarding this before it gets worst.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If the same post is reposted twice or more in a way that is clearly unintentional then moderators really should not be dishing out infractions as mistakes happen. Additionally they should not be dishing out infractions if a posted ended up doubled due to other posts being deleted or manipulated by other moderators.

Infractions should only be received for multi-posting different messages, which could rather have been an update, within a 48 hour period. Obviously infractions should also be received for multi-posting if the user is purposely spamming the same or similar messages frequently for malicious or anti-social purposes.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you post a message and gets disconnected without knowing if it has been posted or not and you refresh does it cause to post it again?
I have had this cause double posts on some messaging systems. However others it will time out or warn you of the duplication and fail to post. That said moderators should see it was not purposeful.

Level 6
I have had this cause double posts on some messaging systems. However others it will time out or warn you of the duplication and fail to post. That said moderators should see it was not purposeful.

Thanks for the answer.

When I use my laptop I recieve this message. When I use my mobile phone I dont.

Currently I am using my phone because I am just using a free internet. I think this is the cause.

It so sad if this is the case I cant fix this problem.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
At least you got a temp one.
I got a permanent one for promoting piracy, apparently.

OT: My mouse is a little weird in the way that it sometimes automatically doubleclicks, and does it fast enough to click the "post" button twice before the page loads. Which means that occasionally I have doubleposted.

Though I always remove it right after, so no issue :p

edit:
Actually, what is the intention behind a temporary infraction?
Because the concept seems really similar to negative rep, where it's a warning of sorts.

Last edited:
Level 6
At least you got a temp one.
I got a permanent one for promoting piracy, apparently.

OT: My mouse is a little weird in the way that it sometimes automatically doubleclicks, and does it fast enough to click the "post" button twice before the page loads. Which means that occasionally I have doubleposted.

Though I always remove it right after, so no issue :p

edit:
Actually, what is the intention behind a temporary infraction?

Well I double post so I deserve an infraction because thats the right thing to do. I didnt even delete the double post.

The problem is even I get 99999 infractions i still double post because of my unstable internet connection.

My browser shows me i posted once then later i learned i double posted it. Really mind blowing.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I think you may have missed what Keiji said.

Your first and second post had different messages, so they couldn't have been the same post. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Now I am unsure what is going on however double posting due to connection difficulties certainly is not the issue here. Apparently you responded to the same thread twice in a row with different messages, aka a double post.

I am also guessing this happened at least more than once. If it happened only once or very rarely then it is classed more as a mistake rather than something that requires punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.