• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Balancing Negrep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Currently I think the negrep system is a bit out of whack, because sometimes users don't get as much as they deserve and other times for a simple double post they can get way more than they deserve just because more than one moderator comes across their posts.

So I think this:
- The amount of negrep given by each moderator should be THE SAME, regardless of rep power.
- Only one moderator can give negrep for each post.
- Moderators can choose to give an amount of 1-5 depending on the severity of the offense.

It makes negrep more like toned-down infractions that can't get you banned. I'd like it better that way because I notice a lot of new users who get up to -10 just for double posting when they are still getting used to the rules. Remember that new users, although they should, don't tend to pick up on all the rules at the very start and it just won't be like that. A simple -1 should put them in place.

Level 14

I agree with that. Sometimes I see a bunch of moderators giving negrep to one person over 1 post.

There's no reason to gangfuck one person. If it's that bad of an offense give them an infraction or ban them.

Level 34
Currently I think the negrep system is a bit out of whack, because sometimes users don't get as much as they deserve and other times for a simple double post they can get way more than they deserve just because more than one moderator comes across their posts.

So I think this:
- The amount of negrep given by each moderator should be THE SAME, regardless of rep power.
- Moderators can choose to give an amount of 1-5 depending on the severity of the offense.

It makes negrep more like toned-down infractions that can't get you banned. I'd like it better that way because I notice a lot of new users who get up to -10 just for double posting when they are still getting used to the rules. Remember that new users, although they should, don't tend to pick up on all the rules at the very start and it just won't be like that. A simple -1 should put them in place.
As Donut said, we noticed this as well, and are working on it. Haven't talked about limiting posts to one moderator -rep though, and it's a good point.

Level 14
Actually, this has been sorted out. I already know the solution I will be taking to ensure this isn't a problem. Moderators will be able to give -rep on a post infinitely many times in a section they moderate (admins moderate everything), and will be able to give any amount they choose between -1 and -12 based on the magnitude of the warning.

It is being done this way so that negrep can properly serve its function as a warning system before a user begins getting infracted for their breaches of conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.