• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Undroppable item trigger + critical error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
well... i wanted to make a simple trigger... whenever a hero uses an item (with or without charges) in my map (AoS type of map) The item becomes undroppable, after the cooldown finishes, it becomes droppable again... but i have 2 problems...

The first one is... that the item sometimes (after cooldown is ready) is still undroppable

And the second is that i have an item that may be recharged... but if i recharge it or try to drop it after using it some times... warcraft gives a critical error and closes... if it is lan... every computer gives the same error... what could be hapening?

here goes my triggers

Undroppable item trigger

• P1 Item Triggers
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Celestial Revestment (Avatar)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Casting unit) to Spell_Imunity_Group
      • Set SacredGemStone[1] = (Casting unit)
      • Item - Make (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Sacred Gemstone) Undroppable
      • Wait 8.00 game-time seconds
      • Item - Make (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Sacred Gemstone) Droppable
      • Unit Group - Remove SacredGemStone[1] from Spell_Imunity_Group
Recharge Trigger

• Recharge Sacred Gemstone
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
      • Unit - A unit Pawns an item (to shop)
    • Conditions
      • ((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |c008080c0Sacred Gemstone) or ((Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to |c008080c0Sacred Gemstone)
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Sacred Gemstone) Equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type |c008080c0Sacred Gemstone) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type |c008080c0Sacred Gemstone)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Sacred Gemstone)
      • Hero - Create Sacred Gemstone and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: |c008080c0Sacr...
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIim\AIimTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Actually if you recharge the item or try to drop it manually ... is the same... i guess that the undroppable thing is messing everything up :/

Thx in advance for Ideas

Level 9
for 1st trigger:
store the reference for the item and the unit into a variable

for 2nd trigger:
an infinity loop is created )
let me tell you why:
when you create an item and give it to the unit, the event will happen again, will make the action again, the event will accure again etc..

re-clear your trigger, anyway whats the use of 2nd trigger?

Level 4
If you intend to make it undroppable so that people can't abuse the cooldown by passing it to each other, you don't need to worry about that because Blizzard changed that in the latest patch.

Level 11
If you intend to make it undroppable so that people can't abuse the cooldown by passing it to each other, you don't need to worry about that because Blizzard changed that in the latest patch.

you mean... it is modified in the game... or the mofication has been made in the editor?... what i want to say is... if i create the map in the last version... people with older versions will notice the change?

for 1st trigger:
store the reference for the item and the unit into a variable
oh.. now i see... the casting unit thing gets missing upon some time... (silly of me for not noticing that ¬¬)

for 2nd trigger:
an infinity loop is created )
let me tell you why:
when you create an item and give it to the unit, the event will happen again, will make the action again, the event will accure again etc..

re-clear your trigger, anyway whats the use of 2nd trigger?

the second trigger is made to recharge the item that the unit holds named sacred gemstone

but... i've done some infinite loops and when one of those happen the game closes with no messages... but the other day i dropped the item sacred gemstone and when wc3 colsed an error message appeared :S

Level 4
It's in the game itself:

"- An exploit bug in which items could lose their cooldowns when transferred
between heroes has been fixed. "

People with older game versions can't play on Battle.net anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.