• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Undead death effects problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello there, im creating an RPG map with jassNewGen editor, but suddenly i've encountered a very strange bug that i've never seen.

When i kill undead building or undead hero such as dreadlord, their dissipate animation doesn't show, only sound. It only shows when i use visible cheat iseedeadpeople.

I dont understand what happened. Map already have many triggers but none of them should affect undead death effects. So im asking here for some help, if somebody encountered this bug, or know what to do with it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 13
Very peculiar; iseedeadpeople only reveals the map to my knowledge - no idea why this would make the undead dissipation suddenly appear.

You haven't imported replaced the textures of the UD death/dissipation animations have you?

Worst case, you can trigger the dissipation effects yourself (and remove the default effect from the unit editor).

Level 21
This is a intriguing problem though,I have never seen it before.Because like Pick-a-chew said,iseedeadpeople only reveals the map,I can't see why it would reveal a animation that doesn't normally display

Last edited:
Level 6
Except two hero models and alot of custom music, i did not import anything else. Im worried that it has something to do with triggers and they somehow messed up but i dont understand how is that possible. Those effects are not visible if map use fog of war or black mask, and even if i test those undead dead effects at start of the map where 99% of triggers are not available yet, it doesnt show.

Level 6
You're not removing any units from the map when they die, right? Removing them from the game will hide any death animations I think.

ofc, im not a beginner

Ok i discovered that this bug happens only on one location. I created an Island from water with raising terrain tool (dunno the correct name of this tool. My editor is in my native language.) so normally on default cliff tiles it wont happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.