• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Uncontrolled Allied Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I have a bit of a problem.

I'm trying to do a recreation of Alterac Valley in Warcraft 3, but I've run into a bit of a snag.

Essentially, I'm trying to create dwarven units that spawn and are allied (but uncontrolled) to players 1-3 and run to the middle of the battleground and fight players 4-6.

I'm also trying to do the same thing with players 4-6, where they have their own units, that are allied (but uncontrolled) to them, but are enemies of players 1-3.

I'm not really sure how to do this myself, and any assistance would be most welcome!

Level 39
You will need to modify the "Player Properties" and "Force Properties" for your map, which you can access via the Scenario... drop-down menu. In Player Properties, pick 1 player that you want to own the allied units for each team, and set their controller to "Computer" (you may also change their race, which will show up in the lobby). You should also set players 1-6 to "user" control if you have not already,

pl1.jpg

In the "Force Properties" tab first check the two boxes labelled Use Custom Forces and Fixed Player Settings (this makes it so people can't move their user slot to another team or anything else. Second, make a new force via the "Add Force" button, drag the 3 human players and 1 computer player for that team into the new force, and rename them if you want. In the right half of the window, check the Allied, Allied Victory, and Shared Vision checkboxes.

pl2.jpg

Now when you want to make units, create them for the appropriate computer player and order them to attack-move (or any other order you want) to the appropriate location!

Status
Not open for further replies.