• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unable to open custom map in editor - Unexpected Error

Level 3
I've been slowly working on a map for the past couple of years, and as of yesterday the file no longer is able to be opened in the editor.

When attempting to open the map - The editor starts, and begins loading in the assets. When it finishes loading in the assets, the application immediately closes and presents this message:
Screenshot 2024-03-27 135928.jpg

I've seen one other thread with this same message appearing... However it seems some peoples maps "fixed themselves" or it could be an editor version problem. I've had another map that did the same thing and after 2 years it still cannot be opened as the editor keeps crashing. I've tried reinstalling Warcraft III Reforged with no change. I think the issue could be caused by some of the custom resources imported into the file (there are a lot of these!)... However I can't access the map in the editor to edit and test to see which assets could be causing the crash.

Luckily I only started working on it again a few weeks ago, and I found a version that will open, however it doesn't have the hours of work and changes I've made since then - Are there any applications that can help fix the file so the editor doesn't freak out?

You can download the map here - If someone else's PC can open it, that may help figure out what the problem is. :)

Last edited: