• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unable to initialize sound services

Level 1
Recently I got a copy of OG wc3, along with tft. Installing went through perfectly, i ran the game normally until now, when i started it i got an error saying "Unable to initialize sound services". Since the game is very old, there were a lot of fixes around here but none of them seemed to work consistently, and these were:

Update sound drivers (didn't change anything)
Set sound to Dolby Surround in game settings (works mostly, but still there is 0 combat sound and gives the same error on restart)
Download redist files (redist folder was already older than my current version somehow)
Reinstall the game (also nothing)

Level 29
What the game version of Warcraft 3 are you using?
Since 1.30 (I think), Warcraft 3 no longer uses the Miles Sound System. It's being replaced by FMOD Ex. Therefore, using the "redist" trick may not work.
Also, I'm pretty sure that you have a bootleg copy of the game, since you mentioned the "OG wc3, along with tft" thing, as both clients were now merged with the latest patches (Reforged).