• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Two easy questions (but not very easy :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Hi guys. Again, I have some questions:
1/ How can I change the icon of the worker (Human)?
2/ How can I makes a Hero (not maximum level) cannot gain any experience and wont make other hero share the exp gain?

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
1 more question: I'm using a loop trigger to move a unit from point to point (like some missle system). How can I make the unit play the animation from the start of the spell until the spell end and how can I make a perfect timing that when the spell end, the animation is also finish. :D

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Already try that :D. But didnt work :D. I'll post the triggers.
  • Vapor Strike Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Vapor Strike
    • Actions
      • Set CV = (Custom value of (Triggering unit))
      • Set VaporStrike_Target[CV] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set VaporStrike_Damage[CV] = ((0.40 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))))) x (Real((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))))
      • Set VaporStrike_Boolean[CV] = False
      • Set TempInt = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Triggering unit) Off
      • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Power_Orb.mdx
      • Set VaporStrike_Effect[CV] = (Last created special effect)
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to VaporStrike_UnitGroup
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • TempInt Less than or equal to 40
        • Then - Actions
          • Set VaporStrike_Boolean[CV] = True
          • Set VaporStrike_AttackType[CV] = Chaos
          • Set VaporStrike_DamageType[CV] = Universal
        • Else - Actions
          • Set VaporStrike_AttackType[CV] = Spells
          • Set VaporStrike_DamageType[CV] = Magic
        • If - Conditions
          • (Vapor Strike Loop <gen> is on) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Vapor Strike Loop <gen>
        • Else - Actions
  • Vapor Strike Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (VaporStrike_UnitGroup is empty) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in VaporStrike_UnitGroup and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set CV = (Custom value of (Picked unit))
              • Set TempUnit = (Picked unit)
              • Set tempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
              • Set tempPoint2 = (Position of VaporStrike_Target[CV])
              • Set VaporStrike_Angle[CV] = (Angle from tempPoint to tempPoint2)
              • Set VaporStrike_Distance[CV] = (Distance between tempPoint and tempPoint2)
              • Set VaporStrike_Distance[CV] = (VaporStrike_Distance[CV] - 50.00)
                • If - Conditions
                  • VaporStrike_Distance[CV] Greater than 0.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set tempPoint3 = (tempPoint offset by 40.00 towards VaporStrike_Angle[CV] degrees)
                  • Custom script: call SetUnitX(udg_TempUnit, GetLocationX(udg_tempPoint3))
                  • Custom script: call SetUnitY(udg_TempUnit, GetLocationY(udg_tempPoint3))
                  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_TempUnit, 2)
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint3)
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • VaporStrike_Boolean[CV] Equal to True
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set DamageType = 2
                      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads BREAK! above VaporStrike_Target[CV] with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 40.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
                      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.10 seconds
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Set DamageType = 1
                  • Unit - Cause TempUnit to damage VaporStrike_Target[CV], dealing VaporStrike_Damage[CV] damage of attack type VaporStrike_AttackType[CV] and damage type VaporStrike_DamageType[CV]
                  • Set DamageType = 0
                  • Animation - Change TempUnit's animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
                  • Special Effect - Destroy VaporStrike_Effect[CV]
                  • Unit - Turn collision for (Picked unit) On
                  • Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)
                  • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from VaporStrike_UnitGroup
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint2)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint)
P/S: It seems like the idle worker icon problem hasnt been solved yet. I tried to put the "," between each file path but after I test the map, it only have the first file path left. :|.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
... U've told me that many time :D.
Wrathion: I know that too. :D However, there was a little problem that my target is moving around, not standing still therefore distance will also changed while speed is keeping the same => Time changed overtime.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Yeah. Homing type. Not missle but the caster :D. I use the Caster as missle :)) since the spell will help him run to the target :D.
This ability is Unit Target => Target Point = Position of Target. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.