• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trigger question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I think it's a simple question but ... can u tell me how can I set a trigger , so that an ability is cast on a unit ?
I mean , when Ability 1 is cast on a Victim , I need a trigger so that Ability 2 is cast on the same unit
if u can help - pls do

thanks.

Level 13
So what you want is when you cast Ability 1, the trigger casts Ability 2 on the same unit? Please be more specific.........

something like this?

• Some Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to YourSpell
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (SomeUnit) to <orderstring here> (Target unit of ability being cast)
I think there's a tutorial on writing clear posts, but I'm not sure where

Level 15
then why does this not work ?
ability.JPG

The "Rip" ability is a Critical Strike
and the Slow and the Sorceress are not modified

Level 13
You can't detect a critical strike, the only way to do it is to write your own in JASS, and I think Sorceress won't have the Slow ability if you didn't research, the reliable way to do it is to add the slow ability to her, make her cast it, and then remove it

Level 3
You can do it without jass just use a is attacked event and than for the condition put attacked unit belongs to enemy of you unit true order your dummy to slow attacked unit that should work allthough jass would be much more efficient

Status
Not open for further replies.