• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Help with an ally/war trigger using abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So, this is kind of a simple question but for some reason, this trigger won't work.
  • ally
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Cease Fire
    • Actions
      • Player - Make (Owner of (Casting unit)) treat (Owner of (Targeted unit)) as an Ally
Could somebody be so kind and tell me why it doesn't work and how to fix it?

But I also have another question (this is related in a way): how do I unlock the allies menu so that you can use that to ally? (I have never been able to figure that one out, yeah it may be easy but still, I've never seen a way to unlock it)

Level 6
Use Target unit of ability being cast. Targeted unit responds to Order events (A unit is issued an order targeting an object).
If your trigger still won't work, try A unit Begins casting an ability, although I don't think it'll be necessary.

Q #2: Well, try some of the Game actions. I frankly don't know.

Well, I already tried with target unit of ability being cast and it didn't work either.

Edit: after having tested it, the unit begins casting an ability action worked, and I have to say thank you for helping me :smile:.
But that still doesn't solve with question number 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.