• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transformation Spellbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey searched alot to solve this problem.
I want to have a hero with a spellbook with several Transformations. The spellbook have got 4 levels. With each level it contains one more Transformation. If i use the transformation as a hero skill not inside a spellbook, they are working correct. But are the transformation skills inside the spellbook and i am using them it only works one time. The skill dissapears from the spellbook when i want to transform back to normal mode.

I read, it belongs the skill isnt permanent and i have to use Jass code.
I did it like this:
JASS:
local unit u = GetTriggerUnit()
local integer id = AbilityId("form1")
call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(u,true,id)

the trigger starts if a unit learns the spellbook, which contains the transformation. form1 = Name of first transformation

for the Jasscode i use the action "Custom script".

Where is the problem or what i am doing wrong.

I hope my english is good enough.

Last edited:
Level 3
I only want to solve the problem. And i just read this command would solve it. If you know
some solution for the problem i would be grateful.

Level 9
I think you can make it like this:
For the abilities in the spellbook: Make a few levels for each, but AS A NEW SPELL! not as the same spell.
Make the spellbook spell have levels. For lvl 1 - Spells lvl 1 and etc.

I'm not shure this will work though, I'll check it out when I'm on a computer with World Edit.

It works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.