• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tranformation Ability Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey there, im currently making a map that has a custom hero that uses a tranformation ability. I want the hero to lose all other abilities while transformed just like the Alchemist's Chemical Rage, ive been mucking about for ages now trying to figure it out without triggers (as they really confuse the hell outa me) but that doesn't seem possible. I've somehow managed to get the other abilities to disable when the transformation ability is used, its getting them to return once the transformations over im having trouble with. I have a feeling it really simple and im just missing something daft.

Any pointers appreciated

Oh an unrelated quick question; an area effect duration spell like Flame Strike cast around the caster like Thunder Clap. Possible without triggers?

btw I know this isnt the trigger section but it said here for help setting one up, so sorry in advance if this is the wrong section.

There are several morph abilities, like bearform, crowform, transformation and chaos.
I'd say using the transformation ability of the demon hunter. Should do what you want. You just need to create an alternate unit that the spell morphs into and back.

You can't create a complex timed effect like Flame Strike without triggers.

Level 21
Hey there, im currently making a map that has a custom hero that uses a tranformation ability. I want the hero to lose all other abilities while transformed just like the Alchemist's Chemical Rage, ive been mucking about for ages now trying to figure it out without triggers (as they really confuse the hell outa me) but that doesn't seem possible. I've somehow managed to get the other abilities to disable when the transformation ability is used, its getting them to return once the transformations over im having trouble with. I have a feeling it really simple and im just missing something daft.

Any pointers appreciated

Oh an unrelated quick question; an area effect duration spell like Flame Strike cast around the caster like Thunder Clap. Possible without triggers?

btw I know this isnt the trigger section but it said here for help setting one up, so sorry in advance if this is the wrong section.

The alternate form just needs to not have abilities.
Or if that doesn't work then I might be able to give you a triggered system. Just note that my systems often contain vJASS.

Level 1
Make each and any ability to have requiment to the Hero of the original form, when the Hero transforms, his new unit will have all his abilities disabled, this will not work if one player is allowded to have more than one hero of the same type.
Is this helping?

Posted just before sleepy time so only just had another play around and this seems to work :thumbs_up:. To the others; its already based on Metamorphisis and the alternate unit has no abilities but the abilities still carried over.

This is just me being fussy now but the hero gains new abilities upon transforming (unit abilities, not hero), with the above sollution the ability buttons go darkened but i wanted them to vanish so the new abilities would take there pace, just so it not overcrowded on the ability tab, like i said this is just me being fussy.

Posted just before sleepy time so only just had another play around and this seems to work :thumbs_up:. To the others; its already based on Metamorphisis and the alternate unit has no abilities but the abilities still carried over.

This is just me being fussy now but the hero gains new abilities upon transforming (unit abilities, not hero), with the above sollution the ability buttons go darkened but i wanted them to vanish so the new abilities would take there pace, just so it not overcrowded on the ability tab, like i said this is just me being fussy.

If you have done that (remove and add ability with trigger when the unit cast transforming), a major bug is sure to happen: the hero is unable to pick hero abilities when hes transforming (nearly unfixable, but if you created a system to give fake abilities it will work), his levels will need integer to save and each of his abilities level, during his tranformation his passive abilities won't work (unless if you create invisable spelbook for each of his abilities and give it to him as he morth), he need 2 triggers: for one he go inside transforming and one for going out of transforming and by that i mean he will need invisable ability on his morthed form so that the trigger could recognize it (since checking if unit has abilities is more relayable than to check which unit type casted it since a replaced unit can give wrong unit type) (and another trigger for learnning hero abilities). Its a lot of work and very complecated so its sure to have bugs, is it really a must have for your map? I mean, why don't you just give it a spellbook that hold all of those spells that you want to give?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.