• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] "Training Unit" event response workaround

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm looking for a workaround in the absence of Event Response - Training Unit.

Anyone know how I can call this unit? This is what I'm trying to accomplish:

• Set POINT_RallyPoint = (Rally-Point of (does not exist: Training unit) as a point)
EDIT: It seems that the Training unit can be called as "Triggering unit". Sorry, should have tried that before making a thread.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
EDIT: It seems that the Training unit can be called as "Triggering unit". Sorry, should have tried that before making a thread.
If you read the event name carefully it makes sense since it "triggers" when a unit trains another unit. Hence the training unit triggers the event so is the triggering unit.

It is a pity WC3 does not have SC2's system of highlighting appropriate event responses. Or even if it had more clear tooltips for events would have been a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.