• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Tower Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Any ideas + Rep

I use 3 different ways, but I'm stuck with it ;x
When I use an ability, that ability creates a circle around the tower with the tower's range, but the circle cannot be the radius size, that has normal size.
Example the tower has 800 range and the circle must be shown 800 radius.
  • Range Checker1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Check Range
    • Actions
      • Set Point_Loc[1] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 1, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Set Point_Loc[2] = (Point_Loc[1] offset by (Current acquisition range of (Triggering unit)) towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 10.00) degrees)
            • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Rune for (Triggering player) at Point_Loc[2] facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
            • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point_Loc[2])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point_Loc[1])

Last edited:
The model you are using has a size of 85 px with scale = 1.0, scale up the effect/unit to the wanted range in regards of that fact.

that action
  • set scale = x
  • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (scale, scale, scale) of its original size
If you want one big circle showing the aoe.

Edit: Also one might consider the colision size of the tower and the attacked unit, both will add to the total range. Resulting in a bigger range.

Status
Not open for further replies.