• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

*- Tooltip Workshop -*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
- Tooltip Workshop -

Hey there! If your knowledge of English language is low, or your creativity is running out; don't worry! With help from this workshop, you are guaranteed that you will get quality in no time!

To request a specific tooltip, please fill out one of application forms, and be as much describable as possible.
Hero Name
In order to get a proper name for your hero, you will need to provide me following info:
1. Hero Class - If possible
2. Gender - Male or Female
3. Hero's Model - Succubus, Peasant, Sorceress, Purple Spider, Sylvanas, ...
4. Name Length - Long (Jaina Proudmoore) or Short (Jaina)
Hero Class
In order to get a matching class name, you will need to provide me following info:

1. Elemental (Fire, Ice, Thunder, Poison, Nature, Universal, Frost-Fire, None, ...)
2. Hero Type (Carry, Defensive, Supporting, Offensive, Combined of _ and _, ...)
3. Hero's Model (Succubus, Peasant, Sorceress, Purple Spider, Sylvanas, ...)
Hero Description
In order to get a good description for your hero, you will need to provide me with:
1. Hero Class
2. Hero Name
3. Hero's Model
4. Abilities: - (Chain Lightning, Storm Bolt, Purge, Thunder Nova*)
*When posting custom abilities - write what they do.
5. Description Length: Short or long
Unit Name
To acquire a name for your unit, you will need to tell me it's:
1. Theme & Element - Caster/Fighter; Fire, Ice, Lightning, ...
2. Model - Succubus, Peasant, Sorceress, Purple Spider, Sylvanas, ...
3. Name Length - Long (Jaina Proudmoore) or Short (Jaina)
Unit Description
To get a fitting tooltip for your units, you will tell me:
1. Theme & Element - Caster/Fighter; Fire, Ice, Lightning, ...
2. Model - Succubus, Peasant, Sorceress, Purple Spider, Sylvanas, ...
3. Name
4. Style - Warcraft III style, more loreful, more descriptive one, ...
5. Lenght - Long or Short
Ability Description

In order to get a description for your ability, you will need to provide me following info:
1. What it does (Example: Summons 3 elementals, fire earth and ice. Each has ability: Fire reduces armor, earth does splash and ice slows. They last for 30 seconds.)
2. Length (Short or Long)
3. Usage of less known words (Such as Repercussion, Punitive, Atonement, Altruism, ... TRUE or FALSE)
Ability Name
In order to get a name for your ability, you will need to provide me following info:
1. What it does (Example: Summons 3 elementals, fire earth and ice. Each has ability: Fire reduces armor, earth does splash and ice slows. They last for 30 seconds.)
2. Elemental (Fire, Ice, Thunder, Poison, Nature, Universal, Frost-Fire, None, ...)
3. Usage of less known words (Such as Repercussion, Punitive, Atonement, Altruism, ... TRUE or FALSE)
Item Name
In order to get a name for item, you will need to provide only:
1. Description - If possible
2. Icon used for item - Link an image or tell me which ladder icon you used
3. Skills it provides - Such as 5 bonus damage per 1% of life missing, or weaker Mana Burn
Item Description
In order to get a Lorelei description for items, you will need to provide me following info:
1. Increases/Decreases - Enlist what does the item, what it adds, which stats and how much
2. Icon used for item - Link an image or tell me which ladder icon you used
3. Upgradeable? - TRUE or FALSE
Quest Name
In order to get a name for your quest, you will need to provide me only:
1. Quest - Tell me of your quest and goals of it.
Quest Description
In order to get your description for your quest, you will need to provide me following info:
1. Main Goals - Example: Find and kill 10 banshees, and 10 skeletons. After it, go to Village Leader to finish quest.
2. Style of Writing - Warcraft Language, Street Language, Funny, ...
3. Usage of less known words - Such as Repercussion, Punitive, Atonement, Altruism, ... TRUE or FALSE

Last edited:
Level 5
Hehehe First, Let's go to the business shall we..... can you do a unit tooltip? I mean when you create want to footmen in barrack you see a tooltip, I need suggestion for a tooltip, let's just say I'm making a footmen tooltip :

A melee attacker.
Abilities :
Defend
Attack Land unit

Here, do I need to polish it more, or enough, suggestion plz

Level 30
Well, you can try with this form:
Tooltip
A light defender, particularly effective against ranged attackers.

Average Damage: 10
Hit Points: 300
Targets: Land only

Abilities
Defend - Toogle activation to take reduced damage from piercing attacks at the cost of speed penalty.
You can add any more information you want.

Level 5
Oh yeah! I forgot, My tooltip were :
A Weak Melee Attacker
Ability :
Defend
Attack Damage : X.
Armor Base : X.

Attack land units.

Here my full tooltip, should I add more?

Level 30
Well, weak isn't a good thing to use. If you seek Warcraft style, then use "Light", "Medium" and "Heavy". There's no need to capitalize every word, and you should use some gentle, not destructive colors and spaces between different sections, such as Abilities, description, targets and statistics.

Level 10
Hey I would like to request help on tooltips for heroes. Currently I am working on 1 hero so if we could start with that I'd thank you very much :D

Hero Name
1. Hero Class - Priest
2. Gender - Male
3. Hero's Model - Human healer
4. Name Length - Short (need to have a couple)

Hero Description
1. Hero Class Priest
2. Hero Name _____
3. Hero's Model Human Healer
4. Abilities: - I'll post these in a little bit. Currently I'm in college but they are 11 spells.
5. Description Length: Short

Level 30
What about these names: Aleane, Taralliot, Luceron, Gabryn?

For tooltip, I don't think that you can fit so much skills within a short one. Maybe you can give me the concept of skills and we can go from that point? I would basically need a quick guide, such as "Heals" or "Damages and curses nearby enemies".

Well, you can try with this form:
Tooltip
A light defender, particularly effective against ranged attackers.

Average Damage: 10
Hit Points: 300
Targets: Land only

Abilities
Defend - Toogle activation to take reduced damage from piercing attacks at the cost of speed penalty.
You can add any more information you want.

It's nice, but i think that have the war3's codes for this tooltip (the |cXXXXXXXXText|r for example) should be very nice. (why not post it in a CODE ?)

Level 30
The code for upper mentioned tooltip:
A light defender, particularly effective against ranged attackers.|n|n|cffFFCC00Average Damage:|r 10|n|cffFFCC00Hit Points:|r 300|n|cffFFCC00Targets:|r Land only|n|n|cffFFAD21Abilities|n|rDefend - Toogle activation to take reduced damage from piercing attacks at the cost of speed penalty.

Level 8
I got a pretty small but very hard problem to solve... I cant make my item descreptions/tooltip in my item shops look readeable... The letters jumps outside the outline box and makes it look very ugly, i dont know how to fix this, and havent found any answers on the help sites. Someone here who can help me ? I could send the map to you and you could see the problem yourself, and maybe help fix it.

Is this something you can help with Apleraz Lucent ?

Level 30
Ah, I see. Well, the solution will be hard-working, but it is an easy one to look upon.
You have unallowed characters in your tooltips, which makes them stretch over the boundaries. Take a look at those two cubes: it can be seen from "distance", but it can't be seen when you open and edit your tooltips.

Solution?
Remake all the tooltips that are causing troubles. Just delete everything, and write down what you want.

Good luck with your project!

Level 8
Im surprised you did not know this problem.... Both Text Name and Tooltip Basic has to have the same name... It seems the import of the items have removed the Tooltip text or something... But now you know. Thanks for the help.

Answer to the post down below.

Last edited:
Level 30
I'm glad you did, but please don't post multiple posts in a very short period of time - you can earn negative reputation that way. Delete the posts, or merge them into one.

This was offtopic, by the way. I tried to remove some of imported files, but I haven't tested it yet. What was causing the issues (answer me on my profile, to avoid further off-topic)?

Level 10
For quest i have
1. Main Goals - Find and kill 10 Kobolds. After it, go to (gotta figure out a name for a main story person if you could help) to finish quest.
2. Style of Writing - Old roman like mid evil type.
3. Usage of less known words - Idk exactly what you mean.
---------------------------
1. Main Goals - Find and kill the kobold officer. After it, go to (gotta figure out a name for a main story person if you could help) to finish quest.
1. Main Goals - Enter the lost city and help (Gary Moore) save the city by defeating Mikey The Kobold King. After it, go to (gotta figure out a name for a main story person if you could help) to finish quest.
1. Main Goals - Find and kill the kobold officer. After it, go to (gotta figure out a name for a main story person if you could help) to finish quest.
1. Main Goals - Find Drep the Gorgon Slayer to finish quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.