• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test)

801.1.jpg

A party of up to 6 brave heroes travel in search of the great tomb of Jarahcon. On their way they meet fierce beasts and friendly guides to aid them on their treacherous journey.

-8 hero classes, each with their own unique advantages and playstyle.
-Fully customized Attribute point system, integrating, not only strength, agility and intelligence, but 8 more characteristics which enhances your heroes ability strengths.
-33 (total, not all accessable in one game) stages of immensely differing terrain types, from the lush marsh near Nollen pier to the fiery pits of Jarahcon's tomb.
-Fully customized item system, introducing common, uncommon, rare and ancient items. Weapon and armor upgrades that actively increases different aspects of your heros, damage, attack speed, critical chance, magic reduction, the list goes on.

Overall an immensely challenging team based RPG dungeon crawler that requires players to work together, or die in discord.

More

The Tempest Peak (Stage 5)

Inner Arcaanum (Final Stage)

Ancient Cave (Bonus Stage 7)

Total Map View

Nollen Pier (Start)

The Dead End (Bonus Stage 2)

Rune System

Nurg's Lair (Level 3)

This is a protected map, but should you have any ideas or suggestions post them in the comments. You can also request an unprotected version of the map!

Xenoche (the original Author) stopped this project and I (LotK) am allowed to continue it

Bugfixes said:
•Fixed Stun system
•Fixed bugs in almost all classes
•Fixed hero information and hero bar
•Fixed missing sounds
•Fixed certain buffs having the wrong color

Additions said:
•Added miniboss and elite spawn system
•Added special miniboss themes
•Added dynamic player based difficulty
•Added boss slayer rewards
•Added unit sounds
•Added magic attack modifiers
•Added class specific weapons (still more to come!)
•Added new items

Changes said:
•Updated stage 0-2
•Changed hero soundsets
•Changed healing system to allow negative healing debuffs
•Changed Paladin model and primary ability
•Reworked unit spawn system and semi-random unit abilities
•Reduced the amount of exp given by units in the first stages
•Rebalanced most items and item costs
•Reduced monster hp bonus from difficulty

Removed said:
•Removed most memes

Known Bugs said:
•Damage and Speech text has the wrong Font (unfixable, you have to restart the map)
•Slow from Attack modifier is permanent
•Some FX is shown too short, because it is instantly cleaned up (especially smileys and splatter)

Needs Feedback said:
•Lighting Level brightness

Keywords:
ToJ, Tomb of Jarahcon, RPG, LotK, Xenoche, Dungeon, Crawler, Awesome, Best map ever!
Contents

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/May/28 12:44:59 Comment: [Approved] Adding a review and a rating! View comment with review Resource Moderation - Rules 01:05, 27th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Approved Definitely a good addition to the...
Level 4
You can't play it alone... 0/5
For me, this maps sucks just for that reason, I hate battle.net... and well, you should tell in your description, "THIS MAP MUST BE PLAYED IN BNET" since that is not in the description sorry... 0/5 for me...

Level 4
I playd the 1.8 map i've just seen the new update and i found a bug.We were in the second quest which u have to kill the gnolls, anyway we managed to reach to the boss we all died there but i had the item that revives u after a few seconds.When i died one player was alive but he died while i was w8ing to revive from the item and we got the message that we lost (it is done), after that i came back to life but i couln't use any spells or buy items or revive some1

Level 15
great map

one of the best games ive played
takes alot of strategy and ppl who have played b4
this map needs to be hosted more often i never see it anytime i do its a definite play for me good job 9.5/10:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
p.s. think about implementing either a difficulty system based on hosts selection or based on amount of players

Level 8
one of the best games ive played
takes alot of strategy and ppl who have played b4
this map needs to be hosted more often i never see it anytime i do its a definite play for me good job 9.5/10:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
p.s. think about implementing either a difficulty system based on hosts selection or based on amount of players

wait for 1.12b :)

it will make things much better and kinda fix all known bugs

Level 4
For the longest time, Eota: Twilight was my favorite Warcraft III Map. But, this...this takes good to a whole new level. I don't think I have to say this, as everyone else has pretty much already, but, this is an excellent map! And it just keeps getting better.

To be offical:
Terrain: This is where ToJ really excels. Each level looks phenominal. Scaling, detail, and interactivity really make the enviroment shine.
Gameplay: Awesome. Plenty to talk about. Upgraders and stat system are original and fun. Levels are exciting and bosses are unique. Classes are well defined and recently added subclasses only add to the flair. New item upgrades like Runes add more depth to the inventory system. Optional levels are a blast.
Story: Decent. The multiple variants of some levels and several varitations of events past Hoisan are cool.
Imports: Not too many but just enough.

Sorry DarnYak, you've just been trumped.
5/5
: )

Level 1
Some stages are just too dark to see whats going on, very disappointing :csad:. Hopefully, that will be changed.

Level 4
i reported again this bug a few weeks ago and u said it was fixxed on 1.12b but it's not.I had gem of immortality and i died , while i was w8ing to come back to life, my m8 dies too and we got the message that we lost.

Level 2
my friends and i cant get past the part in the 1st stage where u defend the guy from chaos orcs, the q log said something about a Chief but there never was a chief, and we've tried to exit out of the area everywhere (looked for 20min) all the corners /caves ect.

Level 8
Your preview picture has disappeared too? I think the map section is bugged.
so that was the problem :S

my friends and i cant get past the part in the 1st stage where u defend the guy from chaos orcs, the q log said something about a Chief but there never was a chief, and we've tried to exit out of the area everywhere (looked for 20min) all the corners /caves ect.

well... the chief spawns, after you killed all orcs, so i guess there must have been one somewhere

but that has never happened before so... hmmm

Level 1
I've had the same problem. The orc leader never spawned so we couldn't get past the level. There were only 2 of us, so I don't know if that was part of the problem.

Level 4
Remove the sound of the bugs from Wizard's [Lighting] Power Surge spell, it's so anoying to see some orbs which sound like a pack of bugs

Level 1
Map have error in code. I cant host it (i can host olders version) . It's the same error that was with dota and new war3 patch.

Level 15
also in the first bonus area "dead end" the last doors to get into the final room are glitched. there are only 2 levers left to attack and when you do they do nothing.this only happens in 1.14 and 1.14b i checked also 1.11 and 1.12 and worked fine. hope you can take a look at that.