• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW Chat Quotes Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there was a sticky about this before when the old quote database existed, though the site died and the thread was un-stickied. So quite some time ago I re-made the quote database and I suppose it would be nice to post it here for those of you who didn't know it existed.

And for those of you who have no idea about what I'm talking about, the QDB is a place where users can submit quotes people have said in the chatroom. Feel free to use this thread to provide suggestions, report bugs or just comment about the database.

http://blizzvault.com/quotes/#?p=index

Last edited:
RaijinSpark said:
Epic.

Maybe we could change those + and - buttons next. ;)

Any suggestions for different icons?

I love it, but now copying the quote's url just copies the site's url to the clipboard.
Edit: Oh wait you have to click the quote's number.

Yea, and the back button doesn't work.
Those are the only two things I've noticed so far.

Enable gzip, your cookie size could probably be reduced (some of those rules look useless [especially 'lastload'. What is that even used for...'], but meh), and you have some unused CSS rules.

Also, serve jQuery from Google API (this link), as they have extremely powerful servers, and it's already cached on millions of browsers (less loading time!).

Other than that, it looks quite nice.

Edit: Also, you forgot to specify the charset in the HTML. Just noticed that. Reading the rest of the source now.
Edit 2: It does not validate as XHTML Strict.
Edit 3: When you submit a quote, it says 'testt', and it doesn't look like it actually submitted the quote.

Level 19
I'm not exactly a 2D artist. But I'll give it a try or atleast give you an idea.

Just get random stuff from hive's theme images, something like this..

Pos.png
Neg.png

Empty (just in case)

quickreply.png

Status
Not open for further replies.