• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Wastelands Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
This is one of my projects, in the Beta stage. Please tell me what you think of the ideas. I tried to attach the actual map, but for some reason it was 'in proscess uploading file' for half an hour and I gave up. E-MAIL ME IF YOU WANT THE MAP. [email protected], Thanks.

This is an overview of the map.

Goals
Thre are two teams, each with five players. Each team has a player who controls a Base Command instead of a Base Camp. To win, one must destroy the enemy Base Command.

Resources
Players get resources from a fixed income every three minutes, and also from caravans that are sent to their bases from Supply posts. Disrupting enemy caravans and destroying enemy supply posts is a vital strategic element.

Terrain
There is a river dividing the map, with two brigdes running over it. There are also two ridges running across the map, cross-wise to the river. The terrain looks a lot better in-game than it does in the pre-game minimap.

I will update this with some screenshots later.

Level 6
heh, I played this the other day.
Terrain is very bland. balance is alittle off.
It's fun in a way though. But doesn't seem too complex.

Last edited:
Level 8
@WindxGlow: You have the old version; there is a new version with balance and one bug fixed.

Ok, maybe I was not clear in the map description. The map is a modern war kind of map. There are two teams, each with a Base Command. You get resources from your fixed income and caravans (see above post) build units,a dn upgrade your barracks. To win, you have to destroy th enemy base command.

Also, any suggestions about the terrain would be welcome...I am aware that it is bland, but not really sure what to do with it.

The thing still won't uplaod any file, it gets stuck, so if you want the latest verison e-mail me.

Level 6
Add some doodads (shrubs, grass, ect. Must match terrain)

Even alittle elevation different can make it seem alot better. Tile set choice was pretty good.

There should be some type of defense bunker that protects your main base. (easily destroyed, but prevents single players from attacking it)
Tanks should have alittle more resitence towards missiles (other whys, it's good)

Theres should be some help menus

Perhaps some sort of catapult to transport units across rivers (this might be hard to do, but I think it's possible)

Tanks need a different style of attack (it's strange to see a lasor come out of a tank)

You should be able to reconstruct the supply (how, I don't know. Maybe check to see if any enemy units are on your side of the river every so often.)
Maybe some more strategic hold points (this map could be pretty fun on a larger scale of map)

Tanks shouldn't have splash as their turret attack. They should have a secondary attack though that has a small (but powerful) splash. The tank shell.

Ect.

Btw simon, are you using firefox?

Status
Not open for further replies.