• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The veteran Hiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
what do you think we can do to bring back the good old warcraft generation hivers. The guys that were there when warcraft 1 first came out, when the orcs were only a green and red blob and the humans sounded like ass holes.

I think reliving the old warcraft spells would be great! Bring back the palidens and magic ogre eye balls that fly around the map until their eye juice runs out.

I remember those story lines were there were no movies, just words about how You appeared in the distance and suddenly your defeated army rode into battle.... victorious in the end I hope.

I think that's another aspect that's been lost in warcraft. The player has been excluded from the story line.

anyway enough day dreaming. What are your thoughts? Hive right now during this exam and school period is very silent (inactive)

Level 28
It's been 20 years since WC1. Even the little kids should be grown men with responsibilities by now.

Homework and exams is a different level from job, marriage, kids etc. The former are just a bunch of things you do on a busy weekend, the later are life-long commitments that eat a lot of time. If you are younger imagine your parents spending hours on modding. That's not wnat I would have wanted my parents to do^^

Besides, people lose interest.

Thinking about how long WC3 and wc3sear.ch/Hiveworkshop has been in existence we're doing fine. Only thing that would pump more blood in it would be WC4.

Level 36
Simply put:

The "veterans" all grew tired of this site, or up and completely forgot about it.
Most likely, as most people say, because of real life changes or issues. They are
not excuses, but choices. You make it out to sound like it's mandatory to stay on
this site, it isn't, and this site isn't life. (To some.)

Status
Not open for further replies.