• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Spiritraise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
At long last I have made a terrain once again, and this time it is semi-silhouette.

I would also like the dedicate this terrain, this picture, to the passing of my grandfather (father's side) that passed away just before christmas this/last year, and my grandmother (mother's side) which passed away fall of 08.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• The Spiritraise.png
    The Spiritraise.png
    598.2 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Level 4
Looks kinda odd that the bridge is that far above the horizon... Maybe lower it so that it's just a tiny bit below the mountains?

Level 36
Thos are by far not "mistakes" and please refrain yourself from using that word instead of personal appeaval >.>

Lets see:

I disagree with the roof thing, they are perfect as they are.
The rails on the bridge cant be helped, its some sort of model problem.
I also disagree with the background, its just as close as it needs to be.
Yes, that is water. Ever heard about half-sunk boats? Made it like that so that they wouldn't look all the same, variation you know.
And your last cricle on the pier, I dont even know what your trying to hint at there.

Also, mind you; please dont draw on my terrains and post them, simply word what you want to say rather.

Level 19
It's always sad when someone close to you dies. :( I'm sorry for your losses.

About the terrain: Lovely foreground Keiji! Though the reflection of the water should be in a straight line towards the camera. http://internetmedianews.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/sunrise.jpg Also that building thing right under the sun looks like it is not placed correctly on top of what is under. I don't know if it is just the model though.

Level 19
Not bad but I got the feeling is misses something.
The foreground is fine, though not many different doodads were used which isn't always needed but could maybe improve it a bit.
The background is the (sorry for the word) boring part. I would add trees to the background mountains and would change the shape of them a bit because they're a bit too round atm. I would also try to come up with more random variation at the background buildings with maybe a fence here and there, or a little bird sitting on a roof.

All in all I say it's nice but unfinished.

And I'm sorry for your grandparents but I hope I was still allowed to give some C&C even while you dedicated this to them.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.