• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] The Scourge of Lordaeron Reworked

Level 21
This is another campaign that I am reworking (previously I did Legacy of the Damned).
The idea of my "reworked" project is to make the campaign a little bit more juicy than the original, while not putting some ridiculous stuff in it.
Making boss fights more fun and challenging but in a RTS envisioned style (not just making a boss have 500 damage and 10 000 hit points).

Some extra units will be added but ones that will fit the game, the player will be unlocking units from the dwaves, high elves and the kirin tor, apart from human units.
The campaign will have 2 parts (but I will release everything together obviously): 1st in Lordaeron -> 7 missions (1 new one added by me) and 6 in Northrend -> the 3 missions will be split into 6 missions.

The things this campaign will bring to the table:
  • Slightly longer and harder missions but easy enough to beat without needing to be a pro gamer.
  • Friendly AI on almost all missions where you have a base (if not all). This is the main feature I can be proud of from this entire project.
  • Very smooth combat (mostly AI related). Trust me on this one.
  • Added a lot of unused voice lines from the original campaign and even edited a few myself.
  • Balanced gameplay -> hundreds of re-balanced abilities, unit upgrades, unit stats.
  • Not trying to be too custom to the point where it feels like you're playing another game.

• Every single summoned unit will die alongside its summoner when that summoner dies.
  • Hero attack damage type will not be used.
  • Magic attack damage type will be used very sparingly (not used at all in this specific campaign).
  • RoC campaigns will use RoC balancing.
  • Buildings generally cost a bit more gold.
  • All potions, scrolls etc... will have multiple charges.
  • Almost all spells will have longer cooldowns. Spellcasters are still very strong and magic will be very strong too but I aim to prevent a unit to be able to cast the same spell 8 times in 10 seconds.

• --------- Humans -----------------
  • Arthas Menethil
  • Uther the Lightbringer
  • Jaina Proudmoore
  • Muradin Bronzebeard
  • Baelgun Flamebeard
  • Torq Ironblast
  • Dalar Dawnweaver
  • Lord Garithos
  • Doril Aran
  • Captain
  • Feranor Steeltoe
  • ----------- Bandits (good) ----------------
  • Bandit Lord (maybe will be named)
  • Grand Wizard (maybe will be named)
  • ----------- Bandits (bad) ----------------
  • Menag
  • Benedict
  • -------------- Orc --------------
  • Slave Master (Mathog; but may remain unnamed)
  • Blademaster of the Blackrock Clan (may give him a name)
  • ------------- Undead --------------
  • Kel'Thuzad
  • Mal'Ganis
  • Calis Wraithson
  • Venim Iceblade
  • Salramm the Fleshcrafter
  • -------------- Others --------------
  • Searinox

• Prince Arthas: has Holy Light, Resurrection, Devotion Aura, Divine Shield and Divine Fire abilities. A very strong melee spellcaster unit.
  • Jaina: has Ice Shards, Summon Water Elemental, Brilliance Aura and Mass Teleport abilities. Also unlocks her Spell Book on mission 6, granting her 3 more abilities ---> Arcane Protection, Arcane Explosion and Mass Polymorph. A very good supporting spellcaster unit.
  • Muradin Bronzebeard: To Be Determined...
  • ------------------------------------------------
  • --------- - Barracks Units -------------------
  • Captain: can only have 1 at a time. Pretty much a better footman that costs 200 gold and takes up 0 food.
  • Footmen will be able to equip magically enchanted armor by the Kirin Tor mages. For 100 gold, they shall become Kirin Tor Guardians; Kirin Tor Guardian's Defend ability will also grant him 50% spell damage reduction. Unlocked on mission 6, which is a brand new mission made from scratch by me.
  • Footman Archer: trained from the Barracks, replacing the Rifleman. Has 300 hit points, moderately less attack damage than a rifleman but not that much, has slightly slower attack speed and costs 2 food. Has 500 attack range (100 more than a Rifleman), which can be upgraded to 700 with the Improved Bows upgrade.
  • Knight: pretty much the same; they are pretty good and I want the other units to shine.
  • ---------- Arcane Sanctum Units -------------
  • Priest: the same but nerfed; although his Dispel Magic will come in handy. It's always good to have 2-3 of them alive.
  • Sorceress: has Slow, Arcane Explosion and Summon Water Elemental abilities. Does not unlock master training until Northrend.
  • Human Conjurer: has Summon Stone Golem, Blizzard and Polymorph abilities.
  • Dwarven Battlepriest: melee spellcaster who can upgrade his armor with enchanting dwarvish runes, giving him extra armor, reducing 20% of all damage dealt to him and returning 30% of damage dealt to him to enemy melee attackers. Can also cast Slam and Lightning Shield (basically Immolation; not the Shaman's Lightning Shield) abilities. Only affected by melee attack upgrades; is also quite tanky for a spellcaster.
  • --------- Workshop Units ----------------------
  • Rifleman: exactly the same, although I'm still trying to cook something up with this unit; want to give him some ability, preferably not a passive one. I don't want to be lame and give him Critical Strike or something lame like that. Does not get Black Gunpowder upgrade until Northrend, so the Footman Archer can shine more, but it still pretty good. Is a good combo with the Footman Archer since the 100 attack range difference allows them to line up in front of the archers.
  • Mortar Team: has 20 more hit points.
  • Gyrocopter: costs 2 food, has 350 HP, a lot more attack damage, both versus air and ground. Has slower attack speed against air units.
  • Steam Tank: can transport up to 6 units, can attack both buildings and units but has lower attack damage but still good when fully upgraded. Also has the Rocket ability which deals 100 damage to an enemy air unit. It is not a Siege Engine so it will not have anti-air attack.
  • ----------- Gryphon Aviary Units ------------
  • Gryphon Rider: has 600 hit points only. I still have to decide what to do with this unit, perhaps 1 or 2 abilities or make it cost 3 food only; will have to see.
  • ------------------ Other units used by the AI or that the player gets for certain missions only ---------------------
  • Apprentice Wizard: 180 hit points, 200 mana. Can cast Entangling Roots. Mainly used by the Bandits.
  • Rogue Wizard: can cast Slow and Lightning Strike that deals 160 damage to a single target.
  • Renegade Wizard: can cast Purge and Forked Lightning, hitting up to 3 targets, dealing 85 damage to each one hit.
  • Grand Wizard: has Summon Water Elemental, Polymorph and Brilliance Aura abilities.
  • Bandit: normal bandit but can cast Defend.
  • Brigand: normal brigand but can cast Defend.
  • Rogue: normal rogue but can cast Defend
  • Assassin: same as normal but can cast Defend
  • Bandit Lord: has Slam, Divine Shield and Devotion Aura.
  • Hydromancer: currently has Slow, Crushing Wave and Ice Shards but subject to change.
  • Human Mage: human variant of the Priest.
  • Dwarven Engineer: used by the dwarves, primarily to repair their mechanical units during attacks. Mechanical units such as Steam Tanks, Gyrocopters and *Golems.
  • *Golems: constructed by Dwarven Workers. To Be Determined if I can make it work with the AI.

Missions (subject to change):
  • Cinematic: The Warning
  • Mission 1: The Defense of Strahnbrad (Completed)
  • Mission 2: Blackrock and Roll (Completed)
  • Interlude: Jaina's Meeting (Completed)
  • Mission 3: Ravages of the Plague (Completed)
  • Mission 4: The Cult of the Damned (Completed)
  • Mission 5: March of the Scourge (Completed)
  • Mission 6: The Dark Knight (Completed)
  • Interlude: The Prince and the Prophet (Completed)
  • Mission 7: The Culling (Completed)
  • Interlude: Divergent Courses (Completed)
  • Mission 8: The Shores of Northrend (Uncompleted --> 20% completion)
  • Mission 9: The Hammer Falls (Uncompleted)
  • Mission 10: Dissension (Uncompleted)
  • Mission 11: Frostmourne (Uncompleted)
  • Mission 12: The Dark Night (Uncompleted)
  • Mission 13: Retribution (Uncompleted)
  • Cinematic: Arthas' Betrayal
Here is the campaign in its current Alpha stage -> missions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 have been changed so far only (mission 6 is a new mission).
You can still access Northrend missions but they haven't been completed.

Screenshot (39).png

Screenshot (40).png
Screenshot (41).png
Screenshot (42).png
Screenshot (43).png
Screenshot (44).png
Screenshot (45).png
Screenshot (46).png
Screenshot (47).png
Screenshot (48).png
Screenshot (49).png
Screenshot (50).png
Screenshot (51).png

Screenshot (52).png
Screenshot (53).png
Screenshot (54).png
Screenshot (55).png
Screenshot (56).png
Screenshot (57).png
Screenshot (58).png
Screenshot (59).png
Screenshot (60).png
Screenshot (61).png
Screenshot (62).png
Screenshot (63).png
Screenshot (64).png

Screenshot (66).png

Screenshot (67).png

Screenshot (69).png
Screenshot (68).png

Screenshot (70).png

Screenshot (71).png

Screenshot (72).png

Screenshot (73).png

Screenshot (74).png

Screenshot (75).png

Screenshot (77).png
Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (78).png

Screenshot (79).png

Screenshot (80).png

Screenshot from 2024-01-27 20-18-04.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-27 20-45-51.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-27 21-03-31.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-28 21-21-32.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-28 21-34-08.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-28 21-41-14.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-29 16-16-02.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-29 16-18-27.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-29 16-26-35.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-29 16-26-40.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-29 21-32-56.png

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-27-22.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-27-22.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 223
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-29-02.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-29-02.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-29-10.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-29-10.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 192
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-30-45.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-30-45.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-32-37.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-32-37.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-32-57.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-32-57.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-35-21.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-35-21.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-37-32.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-37-32.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-37-57.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-37-57.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-40-36.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-40-36.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 167
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-41-54.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-41-54.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-57-52.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-57-52.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-58-43.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-58-43.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-58-53.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 14-58-53.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 15-00-10.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 15-00-10.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 15-02-37.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 15-02-37.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 15-07-25.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 15-07-25.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 15-08-41.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 15-08-41.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 15-08-49.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 15-08-49.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot from 2023-10-10 15-08-57.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-10 15-08-57.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 207
  • TheScourgeOfLordaeronReworked.w3n
    10.7 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Level 26
This is another campaign that I am reworking (previously I did Legacy of the Damned).
The idea of my "reworked" project is to make the campaign a little bit more juicy than the original, while not putting some ridiculous stuff in it.
Making boss fights more fun and challenging but in a RTS envisioned style (not just making a boss have 500 damage and 10 000 hit points).

Some extra units will be added but ones that will fit the game, the player will be unlocking units from the dwaves, high elves and the kirin tor, apart from human units.
The campaign will have 2 parts (but I will release everything together obviously): 1st in Lordaeron -> 8 missions (2 new ones added by me) and 6 in Northrend -> the 3 missions will be split into 6 missions.

I will add some screenshots soon!

The things this campaign will bring to the table:
  • Slightly longer and harder missions but easy enough to beat without needing to be a pro gamer.
  • Friendly AI on almost all missions where you have a base (if not all). This is the main feature I can be proud of from this entire project.
  • Very smooth combat (mostly AI related). Trust me on this one. Now your priests and other spellcasters won't be prosecuted anymore just for the mere crime of existing.
  • Balanced gameplay -> hundreds of re-balanced abilities, unit upgrades, unit stats.
  • Not trying to be too custom to the point where it feels like you're playing another game.

Here is the campaign in its current Alpha stage -> missions 1, 2 and 4 have been changed so far only (note that you might not have access to all missions since it's in alpha stage; mission 3 will be a new mission made by me):
Oh yeah, sounds fun to me, but you forgot to tell us, which is the recommended version of WC3 we need to have to play with it? It's very common in this threads, that the devs forgot to tell the recommended version do you need to play with the WiP maps & campaigns.

Level 21
Oh yeah, sounds fun to me, but you forgot to tell us, which is the recommended version of WC3 we need to have to play with it? It's very common in this threads, that the devs forgot to tell the recommended version do you need to play with the WiP maps & campaigns.
What you say is true.
You will need patch 1.29.2 or above. It will 100% work on 1.29.2 and should also work on patches above that but it is being made on 1.29.2.
1.31 can be buggy. I've heard that the AI doesn't upgrade their upgrades but not confirmed.

Level 21
I will be writing the updates on this comment
- Update 1: missions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 have been completed. Just some little polishing here and there is left to be done. Moving onto the 2 new missions I will make that I will post on the next update (I will post screenshots etc...). The third update will feature Northrend screenshots.
- Update 2: missions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 have been completed. Moving onto Northrend missions.

You can download the demo of the campaign from the Attachments.

Last edited:
Level 7
i always wait for your hard work man, i like your campaign style the most, hope it continue to other campaign series too

Level 21
Update 1.1: fixed some bugs on the Culling and added a new mission: "The Dark Knight".
It is far from complete but it's playable. It doesn't have a win condition yet but the AI works and the intro cinematic too.
I will also go back to the earlier missions and add some more doodads I found here on the site such as some dead footmen etc...
Will also add more Forest Troll creeps in the right (bottom right) part of the map.

PS: also have begun slightly fixing The March of the Scourge ending cinematic... I think I'm getting close!

Level 7
The Dark Knight, such a waste, Jaina drop her item that on this mission she come up again with no items, on my game, she is lv 8 but only 2 ability free spend with water element lv2 and teleport. this mission incredibly hard, our ally AI are only a homework for us to defend, they can't defend themselves, and dwarves heroes not seem to coming up, our heroes working hard for every battle and nothing call rest against the undead, the main enemy attack continously. i barely hard to win this fight, even the vanguard been clear, defend 3 base are hard as ever man. with our army just a bunch easily defeated and raised. enemy got upgrade and our ally look dumb with their 0 0 upgrade. i guest this one will affect mission 7 Culling for real, i mean really, that mission with weak army and enemy relentless, you should give big reward for next chapter. and till my gold mine depleted still not winning fight yet.

The mission where we battle against orc and with other paladin on mission 3 i guest, still not clear yet.

Level 21
Thanks for playing it Lang! And yes all that you say is true but please remember that this is alpha (work in progress).
I've already made it so the allies get upgrades etc... But only on my computer, still not released here. Jaina item drop will be on The Culling instead March of the Scourge, I will reduce enemy attack waves (less units and more time between attacks) and so on.
This is just a prototype!!! Don't expect the final result to be what you've just played.

But thank you for playing it and giving your feedback nonetheless! I really appreciate it, believe me!
Jaina will also get a new ability on this mission (or two :xxd:). And many voice lines will be added. This is why I've included Garithos, he has so many voice lines referencing the undead that he's perfect for the mission. Initially I was gonna put some paladin that would later appear in the 1st undead mission of the frozen throne undead campaign but I didn't want the map to be silent (without almost any speech).
I've done this for mission 2 to experiment a little, but I will most likely transfer it to mission 3 (which is still only like 10% done lol).

The dwarf hero that appears on this mission is the dwarf that will appear in the orc mission "Cry of the Warsong". I'm kind of trying to connect the dots together where I can.
This is why on mission 3 The Hammer of Justice, I will put the paladins that you kill later as Arthas etc...

As for the intro cinematic, you've probably noticed that I've just edited some of the original voice lines and tried to make a more or less coherent dialogue.
Initially I was planning to put some dialogue without sound files but I didn't want to mix sound files with no sound files.
The dialogue was going to be between Garithos and Arthas but I will just give the player a Hint message saying Garithos and the Kirin Tor will aid him in killing the undead. Like in The Culling.

PS: all cinematics are skippable, including the ones I made.

Level 7
Current Dark Knight mission is dark day for human, all of human become skeleton instead, no way to win, just can struggle to wait ourselves become skeleton too, currently i can't win this map even i already finish the outer base, but in the end it just the fight i couldn't win. i would to know if there are updates too at The Culling, that mission too hard to play long game, our allies not really can help to fight Mal Ganis, they already busy enough to defend themselves from surrounding undead, and anyway, do you make the AI on The Culling not rebuilding themselves? our current AI weak and become weaker by the time. i awaiting too at that paladin maps hope something good came from it.

Level 21
Dark Knight mission will get updated very very soon, I'm just having issues with making a custom spell but I've almost got it done.
The Culling got some bug fixes that were preventing dialogue from being played and yeah, you're supposed to try to win it around the 30 minute mark, after that your allies will start dying. Your allies defenses do increase though, at least the Kirin Tor. They add some knights around their base and increase their defenders. But there's a catch, they only do that if you make them attack Mal'Ganis.

Edit: did some balancing on The Dark Knight and added voice sounds for Garithos (I will add voice lines for the rest of the humans for full release).
Fixed some other bugs too, on The Culling and The Dark Knight.
For now I will keep this alpha file of the campaign for a little but, until I'm done with Lordaeron at least.
Chapter 3 and Chapter 7 are taking me more time since I'm doing chapter 7 from scratch and chapter 3 almost from scratch.
The rest of the missions were very easy to do and to balance as well since I already had an entire functioning mission as my disposal to tinker with.

For Northrend it will take me some time as well since I'm still thinking how to do it exactly. I've been planning to basically have the map from The Shores of Northrend gradually expand to, well, north with each mission (perhaps except for Dissension and Part 1 of Frostmourne; 1st Frostmourne mission will be made from scratch). Then when the player destroys Calis Wraithson and establishes his base camp, alongside the dwarves, the map will go on expanding further, while the area of the base camp staying (almost) the same.\

My plan was to release this by the end of the year but I prefer to take even 4-5 months after the beginning of 2024 to release this, ensuring a good quality campaign. I could just expand a bit more on the 3 Northrend missions and not add the 2 extra ones in Lordaeron but I want to prolongate the story and kind of add characters that exist in the game in later missions as I've mentioned.
For example: Torq Ironblast, the dwarf on The Dark Knight, appears in the Orc campaign with Thrall. So I put him here.
Dalar Dawnweaver will for example appear in the Undead RoC campaign and you'll have to kill him etc...

Last edited:
Level 7
Did you intend to make the additional map that your own creation that will affect next mission mechanism like the one on Undead Campaign you reworked?, for some mention, based on your other map resource, dispel will damage 200 points to summoned unit, but on this one it just deals 80 points with decent cooldown?

Level 21
This campaign feels very complete already (the original one, without my edit) so I didn't even think of doing something like that. Perhaps I shall do something for Northrend but no promise. But I shall try...
Anyway, I think for the orc campaign I'll definitely be able to do things like that more easily and freely. I really wanted to do the night elf (reign of chaos) campaign but it will require a lot of work and I want to improve a bit more before that so I will do the orc campaign. In the orc campaign I do plan to perhaps change some of the maps a bit more, not just expand them on the edge of the map but change the map itself (not entirely but perhaps almost).
I have real cool ideas about the invasion of kalimdor!!!

About the Dispel Magic on the priests: it should deal 80 damage and have a long cooldown on all the missions, not only The Dark Knight.
I've played every mission and it does do that indeed so if you could double check it would be great but I'm 100% sure it does 80 damage in all missions.

And I'm open to any suggestions/ideas you might have, for real!

Level 7
About the Dispel Magic on the priests: it should deal 80 damage and have a long cooldown on all the missions, not only The Dark Knight.
I've played every mission and it does do that indeed so if you could double check it would be great but I'm 100% sure it does 80 damage in all missions.
I barely remember and maybe wrong to notice, all i remember from your map resources like warcraft one, that Dispel Magic from Doom Guards wiped out all Skeleton on AOE from Necromancer, that's why i never use Undead against Dispel Magic army. Sorry if i wrong to mention, i knew for this map, the strategic to win the fight, must focus on Necromancer that their summon gone too, it really hard to do though, with the cost and human power that quite difficult that no AOE can really win Undead Swarm.

Level 21
I barely remember and maybe wrong to notice, all i remember from your map resources like warcraft one, that Dispel Magic from Doom Guards wiped out all Skeleton on AOE from Necromancer, that's why i never use Undead against Dispel Magic army. Sorry if i wrong to mention, i knew for this map, the strategic to win the fight, must focus on Necromancer that their summon gone too, it really hard to do though, with the cost and human power that quite difficult that no AOE can really win Undead Swarm.
Perhaps you are referring to my other resources yeah.
For this campaign (and all my future ones; at least Reworked campaigns) almost all abilities have longer cooldowns and are nerfed. Surprisingly, spellcasters are still strong, and they become stronger. The Sorceress in this campaign for example is kind of average until Northrend, in Northrend she will gain improvements to her abilities which will make her strong (not yet implemented but it will be for official release).

Also I've made the map easier so if you really want to play it, you can download the campaign again. Idk if the heroes will keep their items or not but it is not very relevant for this alpha playtesting.
Apart from making the mission (The Dark Knight) easier I made the main quest and an ending cinematic as well. And Jaina will drop her items on The Culling now instead of March of the Scourge.
Jaina now also has a spell book on this mission, with 3 new abilities!
Perhaps I shall give her the spell book from the very first mission you can play as her, since you'll be playing her during 3 mission in total, each mission you get an ability.
Her ultimate is also useful now on the final mission you get to play as her lol.

One good thing about spells having longer cooldowns is for example the Sorceress' slow. Now they won't waste all of their mana if you forget to turn off autocast of the Slow ability, meaning that you'll get to use her 2 new cool abilities even if you don't pay much attention to the unit :D.

Level 7
I notice one thing, if we kill enough enemy on mission March of The Scourge with forces for experience actually, Jaina on The Dark Knight mission will get lv 10 with lack ability point for rest of her skill.
Edit : here some screenshot i took. She got 3 less skill point to spend for her rest ability, even for not max lv, she still lack 3 skill point to spend.
Screenshot (468).png

Screenshot (467).png

Edit: The Dark Knight mission, even we have ally but their slain hero not given pop up notice?, i thought the mechanism it will notice if our ally hero is dead. And well, this version give a major buff to our ally on The Dark Knight, i know how insane the old version, but maybe this one too much given buff, Garithos with 3 3 upgrade and rest 2 2 upgrade, but despite the hero lv bug, i don't mind if this is the final version of Dark Knight chapter 😁. Will try The Culling soon

Last edited:
Level 21
I notice one thing, if we kill enough enemy on mission March of The Scourge with forces for experience actually, Jaina on The Dark Knight mission will get lv 10 with lack ability point for rest of her skill.
Edit : here some screenshot i took. She got 3 less skill point to spend for her rest ability, even for not max lv, she still lack 3 skill point to spend.
View attachment 453147
View attachment 453146

Edit: The Dark Knight mission, even we have ally but their slain hero not given pop up notice?, i thought the mechanism it will notice if our ally hero is dead. And well, this version give a major buff to our ally on The Dark Knight, i know how insane the old version, but maybe this one too much given buff, Garithos with 3 3 upgrade and rest 2 2 upgrade, but despite the hero lv bug, i don't mind if this is the final version of Dark Knight chapter 😁. Will try The Culling soon
Thanks so much for pointing it out! I think I fixed it (on my computer only) but I will playtest it tomorrow to be sure. Maybe blizzard just hides Jaina and changes her player owner in the original March of the Scourge, so she gains EXP. Anyway I disabled her EXP gain on that mission. Note that she'll go from level 5 in Cult of the Damned to level 6 on The Dark Knight since she gets level 6 in March of the Scourge so she can teleport with her ult during the cinematic.
So you don't get notified when an ally hero dies since you and your allies are not 100% "allies". This was to make the AI more fluid during combat. I guess I could trigger it and display a message when 1 of the heroes dies and I'd have to find the sound file for the "Ally hero has fallen" which I think is easy to do.
Anyway this mission is supposed to be a big battlefield where it's just brutal fighting for 30-40 minutes. Jaina's ult is real nice here since you can use it to move around Garithos and the Kirin Tor (and whomever the dwarves are aiding).
Perhaps I shall slightly nerf the allies but the point of this mission is just to be fun and not exhausting. But I could do a hard mode of this campaign. It will be a separate campaign file (in the same bundle) where it's hard difficulty. In a separate file because of the AI... have to keep it fluid!

Anyway good luck with The Culling! I hope that you will enjoy it! It is the map I spent most time on from all the maps so far. Including The Dark Knight which I made from scratch.
I hope that you will not be disappointed!
Eagerly awaiting your review/opinion on that mission.

Level 7
Quite late but here's my opinion on The Culling :
-It's quite hard to survive, allies help are not helpful at all than holding the undead reaching our bases, still there some got through to player bases, I eagerly trying to purge all Undead base, but that's not seem the option and ended i joining to defend our ally base. I trying a couple times, and just ended by purge one bases due resource limitation and their production are endless even when i attack them. Limited resource, expensive unit and building, non-stop Undead wave, surely not for a late game play.
-When i try to order help attack and when the enemy heroes died, the wave just stop at where they belong, doing nothing.
-Bandit ally is weaker than any Warcraft III races, it's hard for them to survive or help with their current army. They train their strongest unit but must train all weaker unit first. That makes them very vulnerable against Undead march.
-Kirin Tor army decent enough to survive and help, they seems not training any Knights like you say that only do when we order attack with Arthas.
-This map need a lot of multi-task between attack and defend, a good style map, sadly not for a long play.
-Strength between our ally even with player against Undead feel pretty far on supply count. They have greater number with more production building, and our ally with less number of production building and not like enemy production that non-stop producting units, our ally have a moment where they not training any units.
-Arthas have heavy duty on this map as he must fight all the Undead, doing the offensive while organizing the deffensive too.
Overall from the original map, this version give more challenge to player that practicing player multi-task and resource manage. I barely remember that there is no good item drops in this map, simply just a basic item with no great impact that support Arthas. In this map, Necromancer and Banshee seems deal a more damage than the original one. Footman and Knights fall too quick just facing them. I'm awaiting for more interesting additional chapter that you create.

Level 21
Quite late but here's my opinion on The Culling :
-It's quite hard to survive, allies help are not helpful at all than holding the undead reaching our bases, still there some got through to player bases, I eagerly trying to purge all Undead base, but that's not seem the option and ended i joining to defend our ally base. I trying a couple times, and just ended by purge one bases due resource limitation and their production are endless even when i attack them. Limited resource, expensive unit and building, non-stop Undead wave, surely not for a late game play.
-When i try to order help attack and when the enemy heroes died, the wave just stop at where they belong, doing nothing.
-Bandit ally is weaker than any Warcraft III races, it's hard for them to survive or help with their current army. They train their strongest unit but must train all weaker unit first. That makes them very vulnerable against Undead march.
-Kirin Tor army decent enough to survive and help, they seems not training any Knights like you say that only do when we order attack with Arthas.
-This map need a lot of multi-task between attack and defend, a good style map, sadly not for a long play.
-Strength between our ally even with player against Undead feel pretty far on supply count. They have greater number with more production building, and our ally with less number of production building and not like enemy production that non-stop producting units, our ally have a moment where they not training any units.
-Arthas have heavy duty on this map as he must fight all the Undead, doing the offensive while organizing the deffensive too.
Overall from the original map, this version give more challenge to player that practicing player multi-task and resource manage. I barely remember that there is no good item drops in this map, simply just a basic item with no great impact that support Arthas. In this map, Necromancer and Banshee seems deal a more damage than the original one. Footman and Knights fall too quick just facing them. I'm awaiting for more interesting additional chapter that you create.
Thanks for playing it!
A few notes before anything: the version that you played is probably an older one. Currently on my computer I have a more updated version which is not so hard to beat. Anyway to get to the point:
  • The player is not supposed to attack any of the undead bases, I even put a hint in the beginning of the mission saying "your allies will eventually die" or something like that. But I can make it even clearer that you should not attempt to attack the undead.
  • Well the AI allies only care about Mal'Ganis, I could change their script a bit but I like it the way it is right now because if Mal'Ganis dies, your allies' units will retreat to their base and the next time you order them to attack Mal'Ganis, they will have extra units in their attack.
  • Yeah bandits being weak is intentional.
  • I tried to make the map longer, it would take an average of 30 minutes to beat it instead of 15 like the normal one. Allies die around the 30 minute mark if you never help them and frankly at most you can send a few Human Conjurers to help around but it's okay if you do not.
  • Yeah the undead are supposed to be dominant on this mission that's why the human allies you have feel super weak compared to the undead. It is kind of a 2nd timer I put on the mission; 1st timer being Mal'Ganis reaching his goal and 2nd timer being your allies dying.
If you allies die it's not over immediately but you have to be very quick to kill off the remaining villagers/zombies since all the undead bases will start attacking you.
  • There aren't any super strong items around the map but there are tomes and manuals that you can find and you can rescue some Bandits which gives you a control of unique units that you otherwise do not have access to. They cost food but it has been reduced so the player does not go into high upkeep.
  • Well you are right, I tried to make all spellcasters stronger. I tried to make magic, in general, feel strong but not too overpowered. That's why the Kirin Tor are quite powerful but still die.
  • But I do not understand why you mentioned Banshees, there will be no Banshees in this campaign at all!
  • Yeah I did not nerf knights but I did not make them stronger so they feel weaker because there are more enemies. Well I removed the Animal War Training for this mission but knights are still pretty good.
  • I also added (not here yet; only on my computer for now) some new ways to help the player out when exploring the city. I won't make any spoilers though.

Thank you for playing and for this detailed review! Any feedback is welcome. I am taking my time with this and I want to deliver a fun experience and you are helping me with your reviews!

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Just a few things from me, the blademaster's mirror image does not show up in the cutscene and Kel'thuzad can get killed by the bandits in andorhal's initial section effectively cutting the mission in half.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_020224_081019_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_020224_081019_01.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 19
  • WC3ScrnShot_020224_092718_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_020224_092718_02.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 21
  • WC3ScrnShot_020224_092743_03.png
    WC3ScrnShot_020224_092743_03.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 20
  • WC3ScrnShot_020224_092813_04.png
    WC3ScrnShot_020224_092813_04.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 20
  • WC3ScrnShot_020224_092819_05.png
    WC3ScrnShot_020224_092819_05.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 19
Level 21
Just a few things from me, the blademaster's mirror image does not show up in the cutscene and Kel'thuzad can get killed by the bandits in andorhal's initial section effectively cutting the mission in half.
Thank you so much for playing this and for pointing out the bugs!!!

Mission 2 bug is weird, I shall investigate it when I can!
Mission 4 bug... sometimes slip ups like that happen, it's an easy fix and I shall fix it!

Thank you so much!

Level 7
But I do not understand why you mentioned Banshees, there will be no Banshees in this campaign at all!
Oh sorry if i miss mention, i played it for a while ago and not write review as fast as i play it. I barely remembering some stuff. Awaiting next update :grin:

Kasrkin

Level 26
I'll just post what little I have again from a few days ago, didn't have the time for more.

The mission as it is now is relatively easy until you get to the portion of the mission where every undead faction researches disease cloud. Then it's pretty much a countdown until what you have finally breaks. Side note it's actually somewhat easy to kill the purple and orange AI bases but there's only enough time to kill one. But your current tech tree doesn't allow for a long continued defense against the other two attackers without your main force inside the base.

For the actual bugs the outro seems to be heavily messed up, no one seems to be in the right place.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_020224_190718_08.png
    WC3ScrnShot_020224_190718_08.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 29
  • WC3ScrnShot_020224_190711_07.png
    WC3ScrnShot_020224_190711_07.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 26
  • WC3ScrnShot_020224_190653_06.png
    WC3ScrnShot_020224_190653_06.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 26
  • WC3ScrnShot_020224_190646_05.png
    WC3ScrnShot_020224_190646_05.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 26
  • WC3ScrnShot_020224_190627_04.png
    WC3ScrnShot_020224_190627_04.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 25
  • WC3ScrnShot_020224_190553_03.png
    WC3ScrnShot_020224_190553_03.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • WC3ScrnShot_020224_190347_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_020224_190347_02.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Kasrkin

Level 26
I live once more.

Got no idea what Venim was up the second time I replayed the mission, probably just wc3 ai things.
There is no actual quest completion for completing the mission, the quest tab will change and there'll be a quest update sound but no completion notice before going into the outro.
I am also unsure if Garithos and his boys are meant to have 3/3 when they're the only ones in the mission to have full upgrades.

There is no actual option to train the dwarf battlepriest despite the upgrade for em being in the sanctum.
The dialogue for the demi hero necromancer played after he died and I had already moved on.
Repeating gate dialogue it's in my BRAIN.
Managed to beat the mission before Arthas even gained a level only killed Mal'Ganis once.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 16
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 19
Level 21
I live once more.

Got no idea what Venim was up the second time I replayed the mission, probably just wc3 ai things.
There is no actual quest completion for completing the mission, the quest tab will change and there'll be a quest update sound but no completion notice before going into the outro.
I am also unsure if Garithos and his boys are meant to have 3/3 when they're the only ones in the mission to have full upgrades.

There is no actual option to train the dwarf battlepriest despite the upgrade for em being in the sanctum.
The dialogue for the demi hero necromancer played after he died and I had already moved on.
Repeating gate dialogue it's in my BRAIN.
Managed to beat the mission before Arthas even gained a level only killed Mal'Ganis once.

Wow! Well let's address the things one by one:
  • The Dark Knight's AI and stuff is fixed but only on my local computer.
  • The quest completion sound is something I have to include yeah... my bad there.
  • Garithos already uses 2/2 on my local computer and his attack waves are more diverse now, same for the Kirin Tor and the Ironforge Dwarves to some extent. Also intro cinematic has been changed (on my local computer).
  • Yeah I forgot to make the dwarven upgrade unavailable for this mission but it's also been fixed.

• All bugs on The Culling have been fixed from the play-testing I've done (again, only locally; not on the version you played).
  • I shall allow Arthas to gain more experience on The Culling and probably make Mal'Ganis more active but I don't want this to be very difficult since I plan to release a separate campaign file (in the same post/thread/whatever) and it will be Hard mode!

Thank you so much again!
I shall update this thread when I complete at least 2 Northrend missions, since only 1 mission feels like it's not much.
Furthermore, Northrend missions will be more "connected".

Last edited:
Level 7
Yeah, for some certain condition, Mal'Ganis got stuck by his forces when he show up. I see this because his forces only move when Mal'Ganis move, when he stuck surrounded by his own forces, his whole army got stuck Mal'Ganis to move

Level 21
Yeah, for some certain condition, Mal'Ganis got stuck by his forces when he show up. I see this because his forces only move when Mal'Ganis move, when he stuck surrounded by his own forces, his whole army got stuck Mal'Ganis to move
Yes... this has also been fixed from the play-testing I've done!

I guess I shall now upload the version with the fixes but I'm not forcing anyone to play it if you just played the missions.
Most notable changes are on The Dark Knight and The Culling.

Please note that The Dark Knight might be a little bit difficult to beat currently but I'll definitely make it easier for release, it's still in its testing phase.

PS: all the feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

Level 21
Important Update:

I shall return to this project from next week! I will not be working on it like crazy since I am also occupied with another project that I'm excited about and that other project will take higher importance than this reworked campaign. Nonetheless, I will definitely be working on this for at least a couple of hours a week, which does not sound like it's a lot but compared to the last 2 months, it is!

PS: added some new things to the description above, hidden in the SPOILERS form.

PS #2: I could go ahead and release the Lordaeron maps officially I guess but I want for everything to be complete upon release, no half assing!

Last edited: