• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Reign of Protoss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Reminds me of war3 ladder - one day I match uds/elf/orc same race game after game, another - same map only. But in SC2 most of my opponents are err Terran. And btw not only most of the pros I see even more and more people being terran here. Terran power? It's really hard to say, some diamond I see him saying he switches to terran cause to imba hah, som many may be race changers, doesnt make sense why Protossw would be matched mostly, considering 'terran is OP'. In war3 I constantly saw 'imba human!!'. Must be having thing against human beings :(

Level 31
Reminds me of war3 ladder - one day I match uds/elf/orc same race game after game, another - same map only. But in SC2 most of my opponents are err Terran. And btw not only most of the pros I see even more and more people being terran here. Terran power? It's really hard to say, some diamond I see him saying he switches to terran cause to imba hah, som many may be race changers, doesnt make sense why Protossw would be matched mostly, considering 'terran is OP'. In war3 I constantly saw 'imba human!!'. Must be having thing against human beings :(

The races are well balanced i think, just that there is some minor flaws And Sc2 is played at a very competitive level and no mistake can be accepted.

Level 34
The races are well balanced i think, just that there is some minor flaws And Sc2 is played at a very competitive level and no mistake can be accepted.
Or because people like crying on the forums when they lose.

Level 7
I'd say It's pretty even. But i have noticed that the players that tend to top the leagues most often play Protoss, followed by the Terran.

And the Zerg players are often very few in the top of the league.

I play as Terran in the EU Gold League and of the top 12 Players, 6 are Protoss, 4 are Terran (Including me) and only 2 are Zerg.

Level 22
I think you're right. I've had Protoss opponents in beta mostly. Terran is gaining almost that big numbers but it's true Protoss seems to be the most played as being ... with slowly dying units... or whatever the reason they play it thinking it's easier. I guess it takes more skill to play T and Z

Level 31
Statistics would suggest that this is most likely wrong.

Who cares about stats? i only care about what race is the most ez to play. and the protoss arent the easiest. First, Terrans have nothing special, like Pylons or creep or Warping units or units from the main base (hive, hatchery....).
All terrans units are Ranged so its ez to make them survive. its also very ez to protect base with tanks and AA Turrets. You also dont need to care about your building placements cuz you can make them fly (or go underground for the Supply depots)

Idk what stats you talking about but if you are talking about a stat that says that New players that are terrans arent having lots of victory its cuz they are noob so they go terran witch is the easiest race.

Level 9
I'm playing as Random, pretty much all my 1v1 matches. Atm I'm just about to enter silver but I have played 50+ matches and I'm starting to realize the power of the Zerg.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/283440040

This helped me a bit, and it's very useful to newer players.

Anyway, never saw anything imba, even though I read a lot about it, like Terran mules being imba and so on.

Level 40
Idk what stats you talking about but if you are talking about a stat that says that New players that are terrans arent having lots of victory its cuz they are noob so they go terran witch is the easiest race.

How would a new player know what the easiest race is?

The largest concentration of players in general is Protoss, and both Protoss and Zerg perform better than Terran in the Bronze League. Justify it away if you want to but it certainly is reason to believe that Terran is in fact harder to play at that level.

Not that it matters since the races are pretty equal at higher levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.