• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Picture #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Thank you! Yellow flowers, without units it is then!
I may not be at home today so don't know if I`l finish, already have a new version, hope I get to post it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
L2love, I like the idea but I don't know if the fog matches the sky, did you try a bright colored sky or maybe I'm wrong.
If you're using a dark sky how about adding some lightning in that scene!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nevermind! Like it, hate it, this is my final image. I used my lighting technique on it.
210613-albums5146-picture52344.jpg

210613-albums5146-picture52343.jpg

210613-albums5146-picture52342.jpg

Attachments

• ThePicture_toby.jpg
    ThePicture_toby.jpg
    985.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Level 13
Here is might pre final WIP me thinks. I tried to listen to what you guys said.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_102911_062247_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_102911_062247_01.png
    926.4 KB · Views: 192
Level 36
You're not working fast enough, pick up the pace!

Also, from my previous statement to this, I will change the closing date of this contest to whenever I see fit,
rather than any specific number, as I can see people are having a hard time being arsed into making entries,
and I need/want some to close this contest >.>

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Starting to look fine Oziris. Definitely like the fog work. I'm still not satisfied with the foreground though, and I'll second demolishing that statue of Aszhara.
with a lot of experimenting. :p
Felsen formations aren't they? One thing though, the tallest peak behind the centerpiece tower is slightly too geometrical, and a tad off. Looks like a blotch in the sky if anything. The nearby shape (Blue) isn't in line with the top (Red). I'll let this paintjob further my cause.

Attachments

• Oziris'sHiddenAnimal.jpg
    Oziris'sHiddenAnimal.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 148
Level 36
I stand by my prior statement, though if I don't see anymore entires, or promises of finishment of other works which is in the state of progress, I'll start considering closing up and giving out my verdict, you'll probably get a clearer answer over the weekend some-time.

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Update and such. All that's left is to design the construction I just pictured covering the rightbound sections and giving the whole imagery one last touch of perspective. I will of course trim the details till my nails bleed before I get to that particular list item.

This isn't coming along the way I originally expected it to, but then again I hardly ever adhere to mentally infused blueprints. Especially not if I designed them.

Attachments

• WIP 6.png
    WIP 6.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 243
Status
Not open for further replies.