• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Movies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Don't bother with I Am Legend. It sucks so bad. Maybe that's just because I read the book, which was amazing, but I hated it. None of the still-living vampires, no speaking vampires, no mid-day vampire hunts, just a badly done remake of Omega Man, really. Why they bothered naming it after the book, unlike all the other movie version that've been made, I don't know, since this one deserves it almost the least.

Level 1
Oooh, yes!! Someone who likes both the books and movies without criticizing about poor Tom Bombadil (although I can be bitchy about that one ;_;) but, other than that they were excellent! Very good standard for fantasy movies.

Well, sort of back on the topic of faves, I think 'In the Name of the King, a Dungeon Siege Tale' doesn't seem half-bad. Hope it's good. Also, anyone reccomend any recently released movies?

Level 21
i mean the other thing about comparing films and books is that i prefer it when they adapt it a little. books are usually very long and when a film can be at most 3 hours its a bit of a waste to include the entire book. not only that but if you read the book and enjoy it, do you really want to see a film version of it? do you???? no, so why not see something a little different but that you can relate to.

Level 11
Well with I Am Legend, the way its done in the movie is very boring and predictable, and the ending sucks the largest testicles known to mankind, and the whole last half hour is idiotic. It was decent till then, but with that bad of an ending it makes the whole movie fail in my honest opinion.

Level 26
Love:
Battle Royale
Pirates of the Caribbean
Forrest Gump
The Prestige
Hate:
All those retarded comedy fad movies like The Ringer that my idiot classmates won't stop talking about for the month after it's infestation of the movie theaters.

Level 21
if that is one of those films girls like eg "the holiday, the breakup" etc, they are only good because girls like them.

EDIT: regarding i am legend ending
*SPOILER*

just seen i am legend and me personally, i would have used medical tape to stick the grenade to the plexiglass with the pin out and hid in the thingy.

*END SPOILER*

Last edited:
Level 34
Not for the faint hearted:

Club-To-Death Angel (2) Dokuro-Chan

dokuro_02.jpg

Level 1
*Fix*
Kaitech[SanD];471225 said:
Star Wars prequels sucks, Harry Potter sucks harder than DB(alls!!)Z...

South Park the Movie kicked absolute ass!
*/Fix* :p

And Harry Potter... hm... sucks donkey nuts? Dear god, they got worse (but hey! the later books are reeeaaaly long, so pity them a bit, 'k?).

Also, anyone think that 'In the Name of the King; A Dungeon Siege Tale' will be any good? I hope so... Also, maybe a few ideas on that WoW movie in the works...

Level 3
gd movies recdently

michel clayton
i am legend
cloverfield
national tresure (was fun)
charlie wilsons war
sweetney tod the deamon barber of fleet street

avp requiem sucked ass. the orgional was realy good, ut this had no plot and no susspense or real horror

lions for lambs was completely miss marketed as some war movie with light political dialog, turned out to be a press meating with some clips of 2 men who got abandoned in afganastan or summant

Level 3
if that is one of those films girls like eg "the holiday, the breakup" etc, they are only good because girls like them.

EDIT: regarding i am legend ending
*SPOILER*

just seen i am legend and me personally, i would have used medical tape to stick the grenade to the plexiglass with the pin out and hid in the thingy.

*END SPOILER*

dude,
1 thats majorly not plexiglass
2 it prevents a rip off sequel thats just will smith in a turret shooting zombies
3 hear the phrase, only got it 3rd watch, *what r u doing, theres room in here* "im listening" v hard to catch.
4 didnt look closeable from within.

Level 18
good movies:
fightclub
fear and loathing in las vegas
13th warrior
brave heart
donnie darko
departed
the boondock saints
battle royale
itchi the killer
pan's labyrinth
a few more ill name later.

Movies that suck ass:
All starwars.
matrix all
lotr all
i am legend
golden compas
kill bill all

Level 2
I like: Save Private Ryan, We were once soldiers, My sergeant and LOTR trilogy

I hate: any movie that gives the atmosphere of the 1800 years. :( I really hate em

Level 3
comments

ofc my list was only like last 30 days - next 30 days of cini releases hence *recent*

hero was ok but got dull
curse of the golden flower confused me first time, but was gd frm then on
house of flying daggers was fun,

sum my fav movies ever wud b saving prvy ryan and black hawk down

Level 36
NOOO!! You actually LIKE one of the prequels!!?? Back, back to the shadows with you!! Lol, jk; it wasn't bad but I've seen better...

Dude, the prequels (with the exception of Phantom Menace) were great. The Original Trilogy was better, yes, but Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith were well made movies with more than a fair share of action. The reason the first one fails so hard is that it's all political stuff, and the average star wars nerd is too stupid to realize that an entire government had to collapse without anyone knowing it in order for the Empire to come about, so they can't be fucked with it. Phantom Menace needed to happen the way it did.

Level 1
Dude, the prequels (with the exception of Phantom Menace) were great. The Original Trilogy was better, yes, but Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith were well made movies with more than a fair share of action. The reason the first one fails so hard is that it's all political stuff, and the average star wars nerd is too stupid to realize that an entire government had to collapse without anyone knowing it in order for the Empire to come about, so they can't be fucked with it. Phantom Menace needed to happen the way it did.

You sir, have beat me. Although I thought RoS was the best of the prequels with AoTC on a 50-50 scale. But, you are true on your points and let us continue on the movie reviews/previews/favourites/blah, blah, blah...

Level 7
FAVS
LoTR Trilogy
The Kingdom of Heaven
Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction
Saving Private Ryan
Flag of Our Fathers
The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc
Downfall (Der Untergang)
Face/Off
Lord of War
Windtalkers
Bourne Trilogy
The Green Mile
Swordfish
The General's Daughter
The Matrix Trilogy

HATES
Pirates of The Carribean trilogy
Thai/Korean/Japanese Dumb Ghost Films
Films with lots of famous stars but comes with DUMB story
Hong Kong Dumb Comedies
Narnia
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Level 8
I love epic-styled movies! There arn't much of the kind I like; as in epic, I mean two giant armies attacking/assulting oneanother. Like Star Wars: Clone Wars. And Kindom of Heaven. There has yet to be an epic-only movie (doesn't include damn "Epic Movie"), all of the other epic movies have lots of smaller things; good anyways, but a truly epic movie would be AWSUME to watch! Just too damn costly to make :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.