• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I've been working on this one for a while, now. What I can't decide is if the hills should reflect in the water. Personally, I don't think that the lighting is right for it, and it would make the lake itself look awkward.

At any rate, enjoy The Lake.

Attachments

• The Lake1.png
    The Lake1.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,278
Level 19
the glows in the back are bloobs lol
take one really big one and flatten it, it will look better

Level 36
The grass looks horrible, needs some variation. As does the trees in the background and the road, some of the rocks on that road seems like their floating, even.

The shy is lovely, however, and I wouldn't mirror the mountain if I were you.

Level 18
here is what i think :

1) to answer your question, to look more realistic, the mountains are whats going to have to be reflected, not the hill. Either way it is to hard to reflect the hill.

2) The atmosphere is to bright and cheery. Make it darker. And it doesn't make that much sence to have really greeen grass with a dead tree. But if your not headed for realism, then at least create a darker atmosphere to give that tree a more daunting look.

To change the atmopshere, i first suggets making the fog darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.