• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Eldritch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
A WIP I am doing in pencil. I could use some pointers on the cloak. Cloth has always pissed me off and have always had trouble with it. I might change the human skull to an animal one. But then again I might not so as not to make it all smudgy.

Attachments

• The Eldritch.JPG
    The Eldritch.JPG
    646.9 KB · Views: 122
Level 45
Now that is a lovely staart, i suggest you plan it all out with a background thought, it might give the creature a more living feeling and take away the him floating in a void thing, and as for the cloth..im not good with them either, just make sure you focus on a certain light direction and study and observe some clothes and the lights and the folds at home or some other place

Level 14
I decided to screw the rest of the pencilwork and just go straight to the coloring. I need some help on the moon. The colors for it are tricky. I want it to pop out and glow but still have a fair amount of detail. Currently all the colors I have used for it either contrast too much or too little. I want the details to be clearly defined but maintain a fairly constant color. Should I have some of it orange, or green, or mostly yellow, or what?

Attachments

• The Eldritch.JPG
    The Eldritch.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
Level 14
I figured out how to do the moon on my own. I need to smooth it out more though. Critique on it would still be helpful. I accidentally messed up his face a bit but I am fixing it.

Edit: I hurriedly colored the rest of it. I will probably work on that one but I am keeping the other as a reference for the branches.

Attachments

• The Eldritch.JPG
    The Eldritch.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
  • The Eldritch2.JPG
    The Eldritch2.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.