• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Alright, since I'm in the map development mini-contest #2 I'd like to do at least a decent job on the terrain. I'm going for something demonic looking. Right now I'm using the sunken ruins tileset and I've just been using rough dirt, large bricks, small bricks, and blight. I tinted the water and fog both red, and I've been placing red-tinted 'remains scorched' throughout the map.

I've uploaded a few screenshots to get a better idea of what I need improvement on. If something in one of these screenshots looks out of place, it is probably an unfinished area or just a bit of absent mindedness (so just ignore it).

Any suggestions are welcome, but I'm mainly stuck on what to do with the murloc hut area.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 131
Level 36
This is VERY empty. It looks very unnatural too, it's just like a U-shaped forest thing of dead trees that all look the same and then an open expanse of tiles and stuff. In my opinion at least, the combination of blight and dead stuff with the sunken ruins tileset would only really work in a dark inside of a temple or something.

You should add some ruins, LOTS of ruins (BIG ruins) all over the place, more trees, more overgrowth, and for fuck's sake tint those bones something other than bright red!!!

Level 6
Void pretty much hit the point on this, cant think of something else...

Maybe add something big deamonic altar circle thing in the middle with some special effects flying around. Some corpses liying on a pile red bloodlines drawing an witch circle and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.