• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Begginer Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
:con: I made some terrain test maps,here is a pic from my latest,but am i doing it right?? :cq:

Attachments

• Island Test.JPG
    Island Test.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 107
Level 36
Hardly. Most of your terrain is too barren, you should work on using more doodads, and the sky is very much off, it looks like a box the way it is, get the camera closer to solve this problem, or if that doesnt work then rotate the camera a bit. As for right now that is what you should work on.

Level 19
I could give you a tip that's needed for every terrainer.
I basically use this for nearly every doodad I place apart from some shrubs maybe. With Ctrl + Page Up or Page Down you can increase the doodad's height. I would suggest to lower that a bit for tree's and rocks so it sinks a littlebit into the ground. It looks way more realistic. Especially at mountains and hills like you tried to make there.
I would also advice to put grassy doodads (river rushes, shrub.. stuff like that) and/or rocks near tree's. Not always ofc, but in most cases it looks pretty realistic.

Good luck!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.