• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Action!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Here is my first attempt at making a GOOD terrain instead of throwing something together! Please do criticize me on it and tell me what i can improve on. I was having a hard time trying to see what I could add, replace, remove out of this map. I did my best in terraining this and I'm hoping to improve! :)

Terrain.jpg

The map is also attached incase someone wants to download it and use it. Maybe.

Attachments

• Terrain Map Test.w3x
    53.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Level 5
40 views and no one has anything to say? :eek:
Must be good or someones scared to criticize.

Level 34
It's not bad. The mixture of trees are nice, and you have decent doodad placement. The one thing that ruins this is the water and trees. Both are generally stayed clear of in wc3 terrain. From the angle you chose, the tree look fine, but it's a poor angle, and if you had a good angle, they would look bad.

Level 5
Ahh

So explain the water to me, whats crap-tastic about it? Not smooth?
I think it looks kinda blech from that angle..

Level 5
thats pretty much what most terrain maps are for.. Looking at.. And most are boring to look at, its not going to get you off and make your head explode with excitement when you look at a terrain map... -.-

Level 5
Ah i see.. but as you can read in the first post, this is my first time at making a slightly "good to look at" terrain map.. Never really tried doing this before lol

Level 8
One thing i noticed that looks a little ugly are those two squareish pillars made from blizzard cliffs, just to the right of the bridge. They look really square and unnatural.

Level 5
wow i didnt see those in the editor.. and theres 4 in the pic.. o.o

well im going to update it when i get back to my house on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.