• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v.1.7.0. update

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
186388-albums6595-picture78060.png

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 1.7.0. has been released!
186388-albums6607-picture72240.png

186388-albums6678-picture78066.png
186388-albums6678-picture78065.png
A brand new and unique quest has been added that will present a challenge for new players and a new and refreshing experience for veterans! The quest comes with terrain changes, improvements and bugfixes to the quest system.
The gameplay of the Tidewarrior has been changed, by adding quality of life improvements and a brand new ability. Now is the best time to play this awesome hero if you haven't done so yet!

Make sure to check all changes that are coming with this version such as major bugfixes, item changes and detailed balance changes in the full changelog. You can also download the map from the link below!

Hosted Project Page: Click
Facebook Page: Click

SpasMaster

Level 23
So usually when you update this type of a map, mostly you fix bugs right? I mean what's the idea of constantly updating it anyways?

I improve anything that can possibly be improved. Keep in mind the map was first released 3,5 years ago. Many things have passed and gone by. Some remain but need to change and get updated. For example some heroes/items could have been created like an year ago, so I can always improve them with what I have learned and so on...

I also add new stuff to keep active players entertained with new stuff. I reterrain areas that can be improved, I add new quests (like I did now).

There is always room for improvement. The room and the possibility to improve has kept me active for all those years and I believe it is the reason for everything I have achieved.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Wouldn't adding quests mean changing or replacing others? Is there really that much space on a WarCraft III map? Must you play the map again for that new quest or does the map have some sort of save-load system? (I doubt it would work if the map file is not the same)
When you change heroes do you do it as an update or just a change that would mean turning the game into a different one?

SpasMaster

Level 23
Wouldn't adding quests mean changing or replacing others? Is there really that much space on a WarCraft III map?

Quests don't take much space at all.

Must you play the map again for that new quest or does the map have some sort of save-load system? (I doubt it would work if the map file is not the same)

There is no point in using save/load system in a Dungeon Crawler map that takes 4 hours at most. Yes, you must replay the map for the new quest, but there are players that keep playing it many times over and over again. It has quite some replayability and random factors. Not to mention it brings new stuff for myself and better experience for players that have never played before.

When you change heroes do you do it as an update or just a change that would mean turning the game into a different one?

By update I mean improve; either by changing code and efficiency, or changing entire spells. It's refreshing and the result is usually better.

I don't get the point of your questions by the way... Do you find something bad in the fact that the map is constantly updated, or is it all just out of curiosity?

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don't get the point of your questions by the way... Do you find something bad in the fact that the map is constantly updated, or is it all just out of curiosity?
Oh, didn't mean to bother ye nevertheless I am curious.
I am not the type to constantly update things rather than do something completely new with or without influences from older projects.
Did you say 4 hours the most? I played an older version with a friend (so 2 players) of mine where the Priest (model) hero was bugged and lost intelligence after casting one of his spells and we didn't even finish 70% in more than 6 hours mostly because of the "bugs".

SpasMaster

Level 23
Did you say 4 hours the most? I played an older version with a friend (so 2 players) of mine where the Priest (model) hero was bugged and lost intelligence after casting one of his spells and we didn't even finish 70% in more than 6 hours mostly because of the "bugs". I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work.

Don't double post, use
edit.gif
button instead. ;)

Yes, considering you are not playing for the first time, the map gets completed in ~3-4 hours. The bug with the Priest hero is long forgotten. It was fixed few days afterwards. Whenever I encounter a bug (especially if it's major one), I fix it ASAP. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.