• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Suggestion] 1.2 Necromancer spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Now, like I have stated before, I don't like throwing large numbers of suggestions into your face Zweib - as if I want to force you to do with your map, what I personally feel would be good. That is not my intention.

That said, i've come up with a suggestion for a new necromancer spell in the 1.2 release:

<Insert name here spell>

The necromancer steals the life force of all enemies affected by Mark of the vampire, dealing X*int damage to them and healing his target for X*int (and maybe + Y per each second the mark has affected the target - only an idea though). The target can only be himself or one of his minions.

Now the point of this spell/skill is to make the necromancer even more interesting than he already is. This spell could maybe, who knows, even let the necromancer be able to tank on some occasions (which he is, by the way, already half-good at). In any case it would add some more aoe to the necromancer, while not getting too sorceress-like.

Thoughts any one?

Level 5
I like it, however there is a prob... Mark of the Vamp can only be one target ^^, and I think Necromancer is getting corse explosion as an AOE anyways....

What I think necromancer should have is

'Circle of the Vamp'

Basically same thing as Mark as the Vamp, but not on one target, it should be a circle that slowly leeches life of enemies in the circle... slowly giving back xy% damage back to friendly units within the clrcle...

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
@^ write if you have something to say regarding the Original Post suggestion.

I like it, however there is a prob... Mark of the Vamp can only be one target ^^, and I think Necromancer is getting corse explosion as an AOE anyways....

What I think necromancer should have is

'Circle of the Vamp'

Basically same thing as Mark as the Vamp, but not on one target, it should be a circle that slowly leeches life of enemies in the circle... slowly giving back xy% damage back to friendly units within the clrcle...

I see what you mean. Well, we'll see what Zwei comes up with.

@2
By the way, the so called "suggestions" thread you linked to does not have "suggestions" written anywhere as far as i can see, and i don't see you on the moderators list. Forgive and forget though.

Level 13
It's well known that any suggestions should be posted there Jumbo, so don't talk out of your ass. Truth be told though, suggestions can be done and dealt with anywhere.

If you want something relating to the suggestion, sure, it's un-needed, exploding minions will provide some fun agro. The current spell 5k skill is more than enough, the necromancer is more than able and this suggestion is imo irrelevant.

But as you've said three times, it's up to zwieb, so in future, pm him ideas if you want.

Level 9
Heres my question, does necro really need a spell like this? It already has one of the highest dps, dosnt need to be able to epicly survive to, since you give up tankiness for dps to keep things balanced. I think its an unique class in its own right by having all those skeles, and life steal, curse of vampire, yes can only be on one target at a time, but can also be on several targets at once, after a few casts, since its cd isnt as long as its lasting time.

Level 6
I saw 10 new spells and their descriptions on the current map. They look cool especially the bishop one.

I would like to post the spell names and descriptions if Zwieb will allow it. if Zwieb will allow it, then we can improve those spells instead of suggesting new spells.

Level 13
Vestra they don't have to be posted in that thread in all honesty it is more likely it will get looked at outside of that thread then in it.

I know, that's exactly what my little paragraph there says.

Kevs we don't need to improve spells that aren't even in the game yet. We should at least trial them before complaining about them.

I saw 10 new spells and their descriptions on the current map. They look cool especially the bishop one.

I would like to post the spell names and descriptions if Zwieb will allow it. if Zwieb will allow it, then we can improve those spells instead of suggesting new spells.
Go ahead, I mentioned them in the thread anyway and its no secret that those skills will come.

I will also create 1 or 2 more spells for each class with 1.2.

Level 6
Go ahead, I mentioned them in the thread anyway and its no secret that those skills will come.

I will also create 1 or 2 more spells for each class with 1.2.

ok, here they are:
Assassin
Into the Shades - Enters or leaves stealth mode. When used in combat, removes all threat. CD: 35, Mana: 0

Bard
Song of Elements - Increases fire, water and lightning damage dealt by the target by 15%. Lasts until the target leaves visibility range of the caster.

Bishop - Heals a friendly target for |cffffcc00Spellpower x 3|r. High range and low casting time. Range: 600, Mana: 7, Channel time: 1.5.
*Heal has Channel time: 2.5

Monk
Stone Skin - All damage taken by the monk will be halfed for 5 seconds. CD: 90, Mana: 12

Sorcerer
Water Elemental - Summons a Water Elemental to your assistance. The elemental will automaticly cast Water Globe spells (|cffffcc00Spellpower (owner) x 1.7|r on the current minion target. Lasts 45 seconds.
CD: 90, Mana: 30, Channel time: 3

Necromancer
Detonating Bones - Releases the soul energy left inside the bones of skeleton minions. Deals |cffffcc00Spellpower x 1.5|r |cffccccccshadow|r damage within a small area of effect and reduces the armor of all enemies hit by |cffffcc000.2 x level|r for 60 seconds. Does not reduce armor below zero. Stacks with other armor reduction abilities. CD: 15, Mana: 16, Range: 450, Channel time: 1.5

Hunter
Beast Fury - Your Servant of Nature mangles its current target, dealing |cffffcc00Attack Power (caster) + 2 x Armor (target)|r |cffccccccphysical|r damage as well as stunning the target for 1 second. CD: 10, Mana: 0

Druid
Recovery - The Druid absorbs magical energy from all living beings around. Recovers 5% Mana per second for all allies within a range of 450 around the caster. Lasts 5 seconds. CD: 100, Mana: 0

Crusader
Emergency - Heals the caster for |cffffcc00Spellpower x 3|r. CD: 5, Mana: 5, Channel time: 2

Berserker
Lightning Blade - Slashes through all targets within a circle around the targeted unit. Deals |cffffcc00Attack Power x 0.8 |r|cffccccccphysical|r damage with every hit. Number of hits depend on target positions. Can only be used with a Two-handed Weapon equipped. CD: 40, Mana: 6
Everything was taken from 1.1m(3) map

Level 10
monk needs a better skill... stone skin isnot very good, monk need a better move... stone skin, stell body, body and mind... it all looks the same... he need something like stone punch (2 punch deal agi as damage and inscreases the armor of the monk by int x 0.2 for some seconds) or moutain's fist (attack the ground and send a "shockwave" in line to hit the enemy... deal int, agi and str as damage)

and why you will summon skels with necro? to detonate them? o_O

and why crusader's heal is channeling? crusader need something better cause his 2nd skill bodyguard is a crap, high cd and low duration...

well in my opnion this skills are not attractive so the players wont like to unlearn something good to put this in the place :X

Level 13
Well I'm assuming those rejuv potions will have a cooldown in future for one, and that some fights will be longer than the current ones so it could have quite a good use at some point.

Level 10
Let me go ahead and just suggest some druid nerfs here, I think the spell should cost some mana to use though for the druid. It should be some kind of penitently to the druid itself to replenish the entire team of mana that's kind of big. He will still regen mana out of it himself and still end up gaining mana from it, but at least it wouldn't be as much as the rest of the team.

Level 5
Let me go ahead and just suggest some druid nerfs here, I think the spell should cost some mana to use though for the druid. It should be some kind of penitently to the druid itself to replenish the entire team of mana that's kind of big. He will still regen mana out of it himself and still end up gaining mana from it, but at least it wouldn't be as much as the rest of the team.

No, no, no, you just wanna make druids get laughed at! The skill works, especially for LONG fights and ptos r on cd... it will make them loved finally... Bishops are getting a very handy heal there.... looks perfect for the first boss in d3 (sorry forgot his name lol).

All the skills seem handy in different situations, but I do think 'emergency' the crusader skill is pretty lazy... im sure we can be more creative here xD. cusaders already use hp pots and the heals from a the ehaler of the team to stay alive...why does he have another backup heal?!?! loool, add some AOE for him so zerks don't feel like the better tank... Crusaders are made to tank!

Level 18
I agree it should cost mana for the druid, but it should give more mana than just 5% per player to the allies...

now that you think of it we don't have a mana regeneration class, why not change the druid to mana regenerating?, obviously make the mana costs higher and more cd to potions, so that every group needs a bishop and a druid a tank a dps and a buffer/second dps.

it would make gaias so much friendlier instead of fights for healing, you can't just balance druids and bishops you need 1 of them to be better at it.

Level 10
Well bards have inspire which give single target mana regen so there are means of mana regen in the game in multiple classes and I don't like the concept of forcing each party to consist of a bishop/druid/tank/dps druids can stand their ground healing and the mana regen is kind of their 'nitch' while bishops have shields and reses. Each just speicalize in different aspects.

Level 9
Well, if used right Emergency will have the same effect as demo shout, if timed right, in the sense that it could create initial aoe aggro, perfect for setting up Crucify, and S0ul, please stop nerfing druids, bishops are already better healers/dps, I personally felt that Rememdy was fine with X7 Sp or w/e it was before, so that way Druid beats bishop for heals, and bishop beats druid for dps, but now ONCE AGAIN, Druids are not balanced with bishops. Same with Crusaders, totally not balanced with berserkers seeing as berserkers are superior dps by far, and have MORE than enough capability tanking d3, even with a badish healer. Also, I agree that Monks need some sort of instant cast, punch kind of spell to help get aggro early on in the fight, and to just add more spice. Berserker needs a nerf on the tankig side, bishop needs a nerf on the healing side, druid needs a buff on the healing side, Monk just needs to be useful.

Level 10
I nerf druids out of love for the class I play and I want it to be balanced and fun! Are you honestly going to tell me the concept of instantly healing a target for 150 hp for 7 mana plus addtional free mana costing 150 instant heals on top of it (while channeling) on a heal that has no cooldown and is spammable was balanced? Imagine the channel too with spell haste.

Level 6
The Crus skill was really bad. Team would rather send Crus alone with a shield and setup his crucify. The skill should have higher CD but instant cast or 0.5s cast.

Level 13
Just because one class is op doesn't mean the other one DOESN'T need nerfs. If anything bishops need some massive reworking.

Level 18
I nerf druids out of love for the class I play and I want it to be balanced and fun! Are you honestly going to tell me the concept of instantly healing a target for 150 hp for 7 mana plus addtional free mana costing 150 instant heals on top of it (while channeling) on a heal that has no cooldown and is spammable was balanced? Imagine the channel too with spell haste.

it's balanced taking into account that you have to heal alone in boss fights because the pets just die instantly against aoe bosses (fl)

also if you didn't check that mana healing abilty has 100 SECONDS CD, that's A LOT almost the entire fight.

Level 10
Well that's only the case on FL. On other fights such as lady the AI on the pets are actually smart enough to avoid her inferno. The bottom line with pets on FL is a matter of resistances. I've brought this up to Zwiebel recently not too long ago. That in itself doesn't seem balanced to me if you consider the fact that Druids is a class that is revolved around summons. Zwiebel said that you shouldn't rely on Nymph to heal in FL because it is only one spell, but all summons are ultimately useless on FL for Druids Efreet by design and nymph/servent by lack of resistances including Claw Strike so it's essentially making 4 of my spells useless in stead of one. that is a huge disadvantage. I suggested the concept of allowing wisdom to give resistances to pets which I think would ultimately help the balancing and making pets more useful on bosses like FL. This gives the player the option to spec in a way to allow his pets to become more useful if he so desires

Level 13
25% of a units maximum mana could be shitloads darkly, provided the got the most they could out of the skill.

The druid mana regen spellalso has another drawback, hence why I feel its balanced and does not need a nerf:
It's channeling. And 5 seconds standing around, doing nothing can really make a difference, especially for a healer class.

Emergency is kind of what the name implies: an emergency heal if the healer is busy. But I'll consider reducing casting time and increasing the cooldown on it to compensate.

Please stop taking D3 as a measure for skills that were made for 1.2...
This is like saying "Shield slam is really overpowered on the troll boss" ... you get the idea.
And please stop comparing Berserkers to Crusaders in terms of tanking. Yes, the additional survivability of Crusaders is not needed in D3. But that doesn't mean it will be not needed in later content. Remember than switching classes is at level 25... the gap just started opening up. You can expect to see a rising gap between survivability of Crusaders vs. Berserkers. And yes Berserkers have an easier job generating AoE threat - that's because they are AoE damage dealers! They are to supposed to be able to outthreat the tank. Because EVERY dps class can ... thats the whole point of the threat system: that people need to manage their thread in order to beat challenges!

In the future, there will be more Crusader/Berserker specific gear. Also, shields will get a lot more bonus armor on them as they have now.
Its just that there is currently not enough highlevel loot to really create a difference in tanking.

About FL an pets: I know that the boss really is annoying for druids, but I simply can not add even more resistances to pets because it would take the balance off on other bosses.
I can, however, adjust Ashes to Ashes to deal less damage to pets, which is the much better solution here.

Level 5
:eek: imagine a dual 1 handed zerker :eek: :eek: ... ok lets stop this seriously, let Zwieb do what hes gotta do to release the next updated map lol

Level 4
There is a tank talent line in the Berserker talents that should encourage people to use 1H+shield.

OK, but since one-hand bers can carry shield or trophy as offhand by considering him ONLY tank you limit the diversity of builds this class can have. If for example, someone decides to play one-hand bers with trophy instead of shield then he lacks in one skill simply because he cant use Shield Slam as ninth skill.
One reason why I chose to play berserker among all the other classes is because I see the diversity of builds you can have with bers.

Level 5
Becuz of maxing out dps/cc on single target with that 5th talent, for boss fights. I simply cannot overlook lady's head for any shield what so ever .. she give such good heads. just too good :)

Level 4
Hmm... I don't see why someone would want to take a 1H weapon over a 2H weapon when using a trophy? 2H weapons are clearly better in terms of dps.

Its the same if we say, why we need Bers with "tanky talent" since there is already Crusader? or not?
i think the answer in all cases is the diversity.
So you can have bers 1H damage dealer (maybe better damage dealer on single target) but also 2H damage dealer. Also 1H tanky bers if you like.

Level 6
If for example, someone decides to play one-hand bers with trophy instead of shield then he lacks in one skill simply because he cant use Shield Slam as ninth skill.
this what you consider as "limit the diversity"? Maybe you should start looking at the diversity of other classes
Hmm... I don't see why someone would want to take a 1H weapon over a 2H weapon when using a trophy?
someone who is too stupid to use shield slam or heavens drive and not be able to see the dps difference

i have a suggestion for this diversity stuff. You should not remove Staff on Monk's Weapon list.

Level 13
You don't HAVE to get that 1 hand talent, I intended to use 0/2/4 for my berserker for tanking. The trees stand fine as they are.

Monks using staves would be amusing, it would be nice to see potential int builds for monks utilising staves.

Level 13
I suppose so, if there's really no way to make it look reasonable that is indeed a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.