• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Stupid Virus Scan Internet pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

LOL. Obvious fraud? :grin:

Hints
- 100% secure site (yeah, sure it is!)
- Mouse over, if your cursor changes into that cursor where you're clicking a link, the rest is pretty obvious
- Your local disk is empty? (or are you just censoring that)
- You don't even use that windows color
- Browser and OS, there is no space after the : (Windows uses perfect formatting and stuff)

There's actually buttons, so you don't get a HyperLink mouse when holding over it, it's not a picture. True though, My C: is 2% full and my D: is 56% full (no censoring) .. not sure about the colour though, looks like my windows does. Last, well yeah.. I guess.

BlargHonk, where does it say the OS is on the D: drive? It's Vista, indeed. And most AV lists trojans as infections. Although you're technically right about the protection part, I don't think that's too much of a hint towards fraud.

Anyway, there's several things about this that makes it a obvious hoax..

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Oh right, I see it now. Meh.. I don't know.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Eh, not really

just turn off your computer and run in circles if it happens then

Splendid idea!

Otherwise you could just kill the process - ie FireFox / Opera / Internet Explorer .. you name it.

Level 15
AVG misses stuff, all AV's do, I think McAfee is the only one that misses nothing, at the cost of making your computer slow as shit.

Afee uses 50% of the processing power on my friends comp (A whole core), but he has never gotten a virus on that :p

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I've only had bad experiences with McAfee, including the devastating processing power it uses. I've never had virus trouble with Norton AV though.

Status
Not open for further replies.