1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

Striking Sword - Concept Characters

Discussion in 'Screenwriting, Storyboarding & Concept Creation' started by Gantz07, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Gantz07

Gantz07
    Hi guys, this is my first post here and I do hope you entertain my thread.

First of all, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but since this is technically for a story then..mehh, haha. Just tell me if this needs to be moved.

Ok, so this is a concept for characters that I plan to use in my story. And for me to fully grasp and flesh out the characters, I decided to put them in a Dota (Aos) form. So the characters that I have here have 3 "basic" skills and 1 "ultimate" skill. Although please be reminded that I did NOT make them as hero suggestions.

I just want to receive feedback on the character concept, the skill descriptions and mechanisms, and other aesthetic suggestions. I do not intend to make these characters balanced as per Dota terms because this is not intended for gameplay, so please refrain from commenting about the numbers. The numbers are just there so there could be a measurement of how "powerful" the skill can/may be.

So there you have it, please provide constructive criticisms so if ever I manage to complete this story, then I will post it here.

P.S. I do give permission to those people who would want to copy these concept characters as their original, but please do give a little recognition.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. Gantz07

Gantz07
    Bump. I will add more characters as soon as I receive initial feedback. Thanks everybody!

3. Chiller

Chiller
    The spell descriptions are quite nice. The spells fit well for what i can make out to be some kind of a dark mage hero.

4. DSanhueza

DSanhueza
    If you tell me what model for your character you are going to use would help me on giving you criticism, but as far as the spell description goes they seem pretty legit to me!

5. Gantz07

Gantz07
    Thanks for the feedback dude! I will be adding few more characters so just keep posted. The character btw, is a like a dark mage hero. He is the cook/wise guy of the group.

Oh, I'm sorry man but I don't have any hero models in mind. The reason for that is because it is a character concept for the story so the details I'm providing there should evoke or paint a picture of the character. So just use your imagination based on what you understand from the character skills. But, thanks for the feedbback. Do appreciate it!

6. Gantz07

Gantz07
    UPDATED! Continue to give feedback as I'm currently writing the story. :)

FYI: Blade of the Heavens and Void Entity are concepts from my nephews. :)