1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

Strange Issues with abilities

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Sh4de, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Sh4de

Sh4de
    While trying to make unique and balanced spells for my demon race casters, I
    decided to make a spell based off of roar that increases health regen and
    reduces damage taken by a percentage. I did this via the spiked carapace
    ability, and it works fine except when I use it on my Felhunters they grow
    spikes, when I've removed that target art from the ability. No clue as to why
    this is, but here's the unfinished project in case you want to look at it. I'm
    editing the demon race on Garthang_01, the abilities are Dark Veil and Damage
    Reduction.

Attached Files:

2. Hell_Master

Hell_Master
    So are trying to remove the spikes that the Spike Carapace does?

3. Sh4de

Sh4de
    indeed

4. Hell_Master

Hell_Master
    You cannot remove it on the ability itself but you can remove it at its buff. Go to Buffs in Object Editor then find Spiked Carapace. Remove the Art - Target and its attachment to it.

5. Sh4de

Sh4de
    I've already done that, made a custom buff with to fill the slot and t works great on every unit besides those with the felhunter model. They're the only ones it shows spikes on, thats why this is so confusing.

6. Hell_Master

Hell_Master
    Try removing the buff itself on the ability. I am still finding a solution into your problem. Ok, tested, tried to remove the Art and attachment and it works.... It is really weird it doesnt work for you.... try removing the buff itself I guess....

7. Sh4de

Sh4de
    Same exact issue, have you opened my campaign to see this? I have custom abilities on my
    felhunters, one of them being an item's spell damage reduction ability, would this somehow
    interact with the spiked carapace buff?

8. deathismyfriend

deathismyfriend
    if they both use the same base order id to turn on then i would say yes thats the cause of the problem

9. Hell_Master

Hell_Master
    Yes, that is also the problem. The Base ID are conflicting each other.