• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Stony Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is my first try with the Barren tileset, I´d rather like Ashenvale or Felwood.
I´ve made a lot of wood and dungeon terrain, so I thought it would be time
to try something different.
Just want to know what you think about it...

Attachments

• StonedBeach1.jpg
    StonedBeach1.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 170
  • StonedBeach2.jpg
    StonedBeach2.jpg
    728.2 KB · Views: 207
  • StonedBeach3.jpg
    StonedBeach3.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 208
Level 14
Although there isn't really anything overly amazing or eye catching it's still pretty solid. My favorite thing about the whole thing is the fog, which is just plain amazing!
Pretty much it's just an exceptionally well done playable right now.

Level 6
Thx for the positive reply:xxd:
Still not done with adjusting the fog (density, height etc.) and I havent figured out what to place to catch the eye (working on that too).
And yes it should be absolutely playable, without any imported model - the last map I made was a showcase-one with high res doodad and dont ask about the file size...

Level 18
I love evry terrain made with barrens stuff (i made most of my terrains with the barrens doodads and tilesets) anyway it could use som more work (perfection) and there isnt really somthing that catches the eye (somthing intresting) besides those things i must say it doesnt look bad.

Level 6
★★★☆☆

I'm glad to hear its not done. I like the first one best. The last one is a little bland. Personally I just don't like the fog... It doesn't seem to fit and there is too much of it. (Since fog usually comes from water... so I feel it should come the other way.)

Level 6
Allright here are some updated pictures...
Concerning the fog I must confess I´m not that confident with it, i think its a bit too dense, but reducing the density doesnt change much at all.
Since I dont want to use any imports, I cant simply use the fog from the UTM. And the fog effect in regions is bound to a certain height.
So I´m still experimenting. If anyone got suggestions for something to catch the eye, I´m all ears.

Attachments

• StonedBeach4.jpg
    StonedBeach4.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 95
  • StonedBeach5.jpg
    StonedBeach5.jpg
    533.5 KB · Views: 92
Level 6
Allright here are some updated pictures...
Concerning the fog I must confess I´m not that confident with it, i think its a bit too dense, but reducing the density doesnt change much at all.
Since I dont want to use any imports, I cant simply use the fog from the UTM. And the fog effect in regions is bound to a certain height.
So I´m still experimenting. If anyone got suggestions for something to catch the eye, I´m all ears.

Ha I like how the first new one look like that boat smashed against teh rocks. o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.