• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft II: Free Arcade and Bonuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30

194715-albums6441-picture70006.png

:fp: Blizzard announced the removing of certain restrictions on the free Starter Edition of the game, including giving all players access to the StarCraft II Arcade.

As part of the patch 2.1, a free version of StarCraft II allows access to limited number of features such as having access to the Arcade, effectively allowing them to play all custom game modes and maps without having to purchase a copy of the game.

Blizzard also included bonuses such as:

Making your own Decals and Portraits! (Image courtesy of teamliquid)

BYlCyw6CEAIO70h.jpg:large

Orc heroes and a remastered Brood War music now included in the Starcraft II Editor! (Image courtesy of teamliquid)

BYlDqUBCMAA7A7u.jpg:large

-Source based from IGN: LINK
-More info about Starcraft II Arcade: LINK
-Late news is late lol

Level 13
Wow. Will they remake all wc3 units? Maybe even wc1 und wc2? Combined with Tricerons models and the Terrain stuff from the Warcraft New Dawn project there could be done something great. Too bad i hate SC2 and the arcade system.

Level 22
OMG, look at that Tauren Chieftain! cool man! And that Orc Hulk blademaster looks like srz bznz!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
What's the point of Orc heroes? I mean sure the Murloc Marine and Tauren Marine were something cool but that was a crossover. This is quite unnecessary. They are already in the making of HotS (not SC2 expansion).

Level 27
Making your own decals and portraits?

I can already imagine all the influx of genital pictures 0_0

Anyways, this is surely awesome, but I am worried this in the end may mean large influx at first and a large decrease in popularity later. If we as modding community, hurry up and provide enjoyable, long-term mods as soon as the update rolls out, we may win this and make the player audience massive. If we fail, on other hand, we'll end up with just a minor influx and a major disappointment in the game if them F2Ps run into the Arcade in it's current, stagnant state!
If I wasn't busy with university I would surely be working on my map already I mean, gentlemen, I assume most of you are not interested in this, but if we actually manage to attract the community, we may not have to worry about lack of players anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.