• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Squads- as in Dawn of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was interested in making a "real" AoS using starcraft models, but i wanted to not make a stupid clone, and the only way i can see to do this is utilize squads, as in Dawn of War. in Dawn of War the squads can be reinforced, have leaders attached, function as a single unit, and have heavy weaponry attached. i am wondering which of those features are even possible in WCIII.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hm. A modified form of the "summon" ability, perhaps? The maximum number of summonable units being the largest the squad could get, and different summoning spells for heavy weapon units and the like? I can't imagine how you could go about making it so that you select the entire squad by clicking on one unit, though. Additionally, the problem of how to make one unit that can reinforce the squad that isn't in danger of death - either you give all the marines the ability to summon reinforcements, resulting in unlimited armies, or you give just the built unit that ability, resulting in squads that can no longer be reinforced when the original Marine dies.

Level 4
I'll add this to the main post too, but one of the squad based things is that when selected the squad is like one unit.

Level 5
yes you could proablly do that but would need unit groups defined for every different squad, and you would have to find a way to return the group that a unit is in. I would use Vexorians CSCache system, and simply attach a unit group to each unit containing the group they are in. Right now i cant think of a non-JASS solution, so unless you know JASS or there is a way to do this with triggers and someone else posts it, you proablly wont get to far. O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.