• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

spell triggering help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i want to learn how to create spells and the first thing i want to create is a spell much like impale. u target the ground point and the spikes come up. i would like to change the spikes to anything else and make there be no stun.

Level 11
That's easy... Go to Object Editor and select Impale. Now, look for Stats - Duration and put all of them to 0.01. Don't put any duration to 0.00 becausee it will make the duration be equal with infinite. :D That should do the stunning stuff. Usually stunning spells have durations (check Storm Bolt as well) and that duration is actually the stun duration. The same thing with War Stomp. :D

Now, for the animations is more complicated. Usually animations and effects are edited through nomral fields which begin with Art. Art section includes not only efects but icons as well. :D Now, scroll up until you reach the art section for Impale. For this spell, the spikes are represented through Art - Special. Select this field and choose the animation of your choice. It should work now!!!

Level 5
spell

i know i can change the impale but i want to try triggering it so the say frost nova isnt simotaneous. how do i trigger it so 1 nova comes up and then another nova after it in a line?

Level 5
frost line

vexorian's ice wave goes in a line but it is based of a spell and i want to know how to make one that is based off only triggers and a dummy ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.