• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Spell Absorption - Passive Ability with Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPC

KPC

Level 7
Hi, there is a thread on how to make a passive ability with cooldown time but it looks like it works every x seconds:

I want the skill to work accurately like Amulet of Spell Shield. So we have ability:
1617288943045.png

When enemy uses negative ability on unit with Spell Absorption, then it blocks it and show cooldown on ability:
1617289203821.png

Level 12
question.. is something not working with a Dummy Ability?
lets say 0 Sec Cooldown... and if you detect damage per a Damage engine it set the damage amount to 0 and then per trigger set the cooldown of the Dummy Ability.. and you can also have a conditon for the damage amout to 0 to check before if the spell is not cooldown then do damage amount to 0 (Absorb) if damage is on cooldown it does not (Absorb)

Level 6
Hi, there is a thread on how to make a passive ability with cooldown time but it looks like it works every x seconds:

I want the skill to work accurately like Amulet of Spell Shield. So we have ability:View attachment 376585

When enemy uses negative ability on unit with Spell Absorption, then it blocks it and show cooldown on ability:View attachment 376586
Hello if i understand you right all you need is to copy Spell Shield (Amulet) ability and uncheck attribute in Data "Stats - Item Ability = False" then just add it to your unit and it should work.

1617293298064.png

1617293306014.png

1617293322513.png

then in units data just add it to Unit
1617293353305.png

KPC

KPC

Level 7
question.. is something not working with a Dummy Ability?
lets say 0 Sec Cooldown... and if you detect damage per a Damage engine it set the damage amount to 0 and then per trigger set the cooldown of the Dummy Ability.. and you can also have a conditon for the damage amout to 0 to check before if the spell is not cooldown then do damage amount to 0 (Absorb) if damage is on cooldown it does not (Absorb)
Passive Dummy Ability with Cooldown, sorry but I don't know how to make it. Can you maybe explain it?
Hello if i understand you right all you need is to copy Spell Shield (Amulet) ability and uncheck attribute in Data "Stats - Item Ability = False" then just add it to your unit and it should work.

View attachment 376587
View attachment 376588
View attachment 376589
then in units data just add it to Unit
View attachment 376590
It will not be passive.

Level 6
Ok this is only solution that seems working for GUI Triggers

Best way would be to implement custom UI and make your own cooldown system :D limitations like this wouldn't be problem anymore... but since World Editor data doesnt support passive cooldowns the only way to solve it is to declare 2 abilities in data, one passive one active and hiding / showing it on use / cooldown expire.

Attachments

• PassiveCooldown.w3m
    17 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.