• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Speed Boost Trigger/Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello, im makeing a map featuring Star Wars A-Wings. As an ability for the speedy a-wings, i have been trying to make an ability based off immolation. Once the units mana runs out, the ability should be turned off. The ability is triggerd to give an extra 202 speed to the unit (320 is default, 522 is max speed allowed). My problem is that when i turn on the ability, both triggers are activated (when only the first one should).

Ive triggerd it so that when u turn on the ability, u gain 202 speed.

Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Engine Boost
Actions
Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to ((Default movement speed of (Triggering unit)) + 202.00)
Game - Display to (All players) the text: go!

Then i have the trigger so that once Engine Burn (the immolation), the speed is taken away.

Events
Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Engine Boost
Actions
Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Triggering unit))
Game - Display to (All players) the text: stop!

I input the Game Texts so that i know what trigger is being activated. When i turn on Engine Burn (the immolation), i get the Go! and Stop!. Also, the movement speed doesnt go any faster (i have done several speed tests). So can anyone help a fellow map maker out? what am i doing wrong?

Level 8
Normal... the Action - finish ability is when unit finish casting not when run out of mana.
Try:
  • Boost
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
  • Conditions
    • (Level of Boost for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
    • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(immolation))
        • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(immolation))
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to ((Default movement speed of (Triggering unit)) + 202.00)
        • Game - Display to (All players) the text: go!
        • Wait 0.50 seconds
        • Wait until (((Triggering unit) has buff Boost (the buff of your "immolation" ability ) Equal to False), checking every 0.50 seconds
        • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Triggering unit))
      • Else - Actions
        • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Triggering unit))
        • Game - Display to (All players) the text: stop!
For more information check: Creating Basic Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.