• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Special effect tinting not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone,

Today I'm working on making a barrier spell that absorbs a set amount of incoming damage. I actually already know how to do this mechanically, but I'm struggling with the art.

I want to use the Frost Armor buff special effect, but I would like for it to be more purple.

I figured, that's easy, right? Trigger it so that, when the special effect spawns, it's tinted purple. That unfortunately doesn't seem to have any effect on it though.

The relevant triggers are basically:

Spawn a special effect
Set the special effect = to a variable
Change the tinting of the variable

No luck :(

Any help would be very appreciated!

Level 12
First make sure the special effect is not created as an attachment.

Next, in order to be able to change the vertex color of a special effect, you need to make its main texture white.

I did it with mass teleport, changed the color with Photoshop after converting to PNG, reconverted it to BLP and I can now change the color at will :)

Level 4
Oh wow that's a lot more complicated than I was hoping (especially because I don't have photoshop)

I'll take a look at what I can do. Thank you for your response @Macadamia !

If anyone can recommend a free program to edit the special effects, that would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.