• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Sounds (playing more than one at the same time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Can more than one sound be played at the same time and be heard using the (play sound) trigger? Sometimes I try to play a few at the same time but instead of over lapping they just stop the previous and play the next. Which is annoying,

is there a way around this? I need sounds to be played "attached to a unit" when it attacks/moves/action/w/e

Level 17
Well, no...

The best way though if you putting it in a marine or something, is to combine the sound into one compilation (Like about 3-8 gun shots). Then, replace the marine's attack sound with that...

In other words, compile the sounds to make gunshots... Then make the sound 3D so that you can attach it on a unit's attack sound and it will be more repetitive than before...

Level 19
No, Make multiple sounds
store em in arrayed variable
loop
exitwhen IsSoundPlaying(<variable>[n]) == false
set n = n+1
endloop
call PlaySound(<variable>[n])

not so hard

Level 19
I have a sound system like that in vJASS
at top of trigger you add
//! runtextmacro RegisterLabel("function tag","soundlabelstringvariable","max number of handles")

and use inside trigger like
call Play"function tag"(x,y)

Level 9
wtf lol...

i am absolutely clueless.
i am very advanced with gui, can do basically everything.
but i have no freaking idea of how jass works.

could somebody maybe explain clearly how to get more than one sound played (overlapping sounds) with gui ? so that it works ?

please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.