• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

More problems with sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
im having a problem with sounds in my map...

i want a sound to be attached to a casting unit... everithing is ok.. untill i listen to it from another place in map... this sound atached to casting unit is listened in the hole map...

My map has sounds already imported...

i copied trigger and pasted, and changed variable (sound) but they are still listened all over the map...

then... i checked into sound properties and discovered that the sounds that are played all over the map are exactly the same as the ones that are not...

so... i dont know why this is happening...

should i lower the volume for the new spells that are heard in all the map?

or should i change the distance?

is there any guide here that i couldnt find while searching?

thx a lot for helping me

Level 20
  • Spell with 3D Sounds
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <Your Ability>
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play <Your Sound> at 100.00% volume, located at (Position of (Casting unit)) with Z offset 0.00
      • Sound - Destroy (Last played sound)
Remember to make 3D sound and modify sound distances, if need.

Level 11
the problem is that i cant save 3d sound in mp3 format... and a single sound in wav of.. about... 5 seconds is 6mb... -.-

• Sound - Play SND_Death_trip_serenade <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at (Position of (Casting unit)) with Z offset 0.00

deathtrip.jpg

here is the sound... if anyone can help me... plz post here what you did

http://rapidshare.com/files/87906163/SND_Death_trip_serenade.mp3.html

Last edited:
Level 11
Nothing happened... i changed sound channel and effect... i changed 3d yes or no... also changed distance cutoff.... but it is still heard all over the map... :S

i already have no idea what else to do...

EDIT: my sound, properties and trigger are posted above.. plz if you can help me download the sound and try to make it sound attached to unit... it is only 36Kb size

Last edited:
Level 7
Nothing happened... i changed sound channel and effect... i changed 3d yes or no... also changed distance cutoff.... but it is still heard all over the map... :S

i already have no idea what else to do...

EDIT: my sound, properties and trigger are posted above.. plz if you can help me download the sound and try to make it sound attached to unit... it is only 36Kb size

create a sound at point ....... and it will fade with distance no matter what ....

Level 11
if you take a look above i created a trigger with a sound at point (casting unit) also tried attached to unit... but nothing happened... see if you can download my sound and make it work... i posted it above... i tried everything i could... but it is all the same... :S

EDIT: The map im editing already have sounds that were imported by the original creator of the map... they were in wav format... i took them off and replaced for the same sound in mp3 format... using the same trigger (new variable)...
but.. even thou.. they dont work... they are listened all over the map.. no matter what.. i tried to lower the volume... but nothing...

any ideas?

Last edited:
Level 11
yes i also tried that... but with no results...

the map im editing already had imported sounds working properly... i checked them out (because i found somewhere that to make them work you must replace internal sounds) but they have custom paths and names (they were imported the same way i do)

the only diference is that those sounds are in wav... mine are in mp3...

i cant make them work... (wanted mp3 for the size... TIP: this map is 3.75mb size compresed with vexorian and widgetizer)

but i also tried with wav... with no result...

ill try a lil more with wavs... hope i can make them work on mp3... but i dont think i can...

EDIT: if it is an mp3... marked as 3d it wont sound

Last edited:
Level 11
the thing is.. that a wav sound of 3 sec is 160kb...

and the only way i found to make 3d sounds and save them is in wav... :S...

i found in forum that a guy had the same problem as i do... he solved it by replacing some internal sounds with custom sounds... the problem is that wav sounds are huge.. and my map already has 3.75 mb +/- with vexorian and widgetizer...

i wanted to know if somebody could import a sound in mp3 and make it sound attached to unit... or if they did it in wav.. how did you make to compress it a lot...

if you think im noob enough (and i am :p) i posted the sound above and the triggers... plz see if you can make it sound in some parts of the map and not all over it... im stuck in this... and cant solve it.. :S

Level 11
ok.. first of all i want to apologyse for doble posting.. but it is for a good reason... (this is a different problem on the same issue... i do this just to not open another thread on the same, hope you understand ^^ )

My new problem is:

if you have already read the above posts you know that i cant make mp3 sounds to sound attached to a unit...

now... as i already said... the map im editing had imported sounds working as wavs and they did sound attached to unit...

my temporary solution was to export those older sounds (from previous versions where they worked properly) and re-import them into my version...

amasingly i discovered that using the exported sounds and using the same triggers they had in the older version... this wav sounds that once worked attached to unit... now the dont do that anymore... :S

does anybody have an idea of what is going on? coz i dont... and have no more ideas on how to solve it... :S... plz i really need help on this... ask for sounds to be posted or triggers or anything you may need to help me...

Thx a lot in advanced and for all the ideas you people already gave me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.