• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
hi, i was wondering how you
1.(in the eaiest way) can combine 2 items. like if you got like blood key and gohst key in the invent and then they shuld transform into a magical keychain.
2.Uses the keychain to open gates by left clicking on it and then target the gate.
3.How you add (properly) sounds to a dialog.
4.how you, in the best way, make so it just looks like a hero kills a destrucktible and then teleports away (NOTE: the hero dont have any teleport spells so its based by spec effeckts).
5. Got it=) i just change the pathing map for the unit.
---------------EDITED--------------------------
6.How do i do so the trigger creates a portal AND uses the birth annimation?

Thx in advance:infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 12
Well I think that you could trigger the Blood Key and Ghost Key thing by doing something like A unit picksup an item, Item type equal to blood key equal to true, and triggering unit has ghost key in inventory, then remove picked up item and ghost key and give triggering unit magical keychain. I have seen it done like that (yes I know thats not close to trigger script but I hope you understand what you are looking for.) And the second one with the gate, give the gate like a billion health then make a dummy spell like purhe and clear all the fields and only let it target destructibles (I think a gate is a destrcutible =) ), give it to the magical keychain, then do a trigger something like unit finishes casting an ability, ablity equal to (the dummy spell we made), and target of spell equal to gate0042 (whatever), then open gate.

Master triggers I think I told him the right way, didn't I?

Level 15
4* There is no event like (Destructible dies) But you can make your object having 1 hit point, so it will only require 1 hit to die. And when it dies, the hero will be moved to a location of your choise. That trigger will look sumthing like this:
  • trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Destructible-type of (Target destructible of issued order)) Equal to Barrel
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\ThornsAura\ThornsAura.mdl
      • Wait 1.00 game-time seconds
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of (Playable map area))
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 0.00 seconds
Replace the (Center of Playable map area) with a region of your choise. And the special effect is not really needed, but it will look the whole thing a bit more ''fancy'' :p

Level 3
create a portal unit use a trigger to put it on the map or if that doesn't work make it so that unit iz built then the birth animation should show if it doesn't work ill try making it my self then ill tell you how i did it. Any questions?

Level 8
Nope but its easier to make variables! wen a unit is created then just use the set trigger and set the last created unit( its named portal) to lastcreated unit, then i just make a trigger that play its birth animation(cus i used the set trigger i can then kill it, remove it, or change the animation) as you can figure it out iv done that=) but 1 more q... how do i make a trigger that prevents the hero frome taking a quest if heis lvl isent hig engouf? I KNOW I CAN USE BUFFS BUT can i make it easier?

Level 13
Just make all the quests undiscovered, then write a trigger like:
Event: Unit (or hero, i dont remember which) gains a level
Conditions: level of triggering unit < VALUE
Actions
Quest: Show MYQUEST1 for player(owner of triggering unit)

Note: this isnt an exact trigger, just an example of how you can do it. If you need more help just lemme know.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Perova DO NOT SPAM!
Go to wc3 campains if you want to spam but stay away from this site.

1. your post is off topic since you did not help him.
2. it contains abuse
3. sonkan1 is probably less of a noob than you since you only joined this month and he joined last month.
4. think before you post

Hope this has enlightned you to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.