• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Some Questions about animations/textures in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,

I am currently trying to figure out how to improve the eyecandy and functionality of the animiations/texture during the gameplay.

1.)
I have some models who share the same base animations, working with war3model editor i realized there is an option to refere to a animation file while setting the properties of the model.

Does anyone know if it is possible to add and refere animations durnig the gameplay? Or plain spoken to use one animation file for different mdx files.

2.)
I am also trying adding attachments, is there a way to attach them with a specific animation (texture and/or mesh) that can be changed?

From what I understand if i attach an item it should be possible to resize it, sadly i havent found that yet... I would be happy if somewone could tell me where to find that.

3.)
Is there a way to change the texture of a model ingame WITHOUT having to reload another unit, use animated textures or adding an attachment closely over the geoset? I.g. changing the reference to a texture.

Some general info:
Most of the things i am looking for should have been already done by mappers of advanced - any hints on projects who have implemented that are welcome.

I do not care if the solution is GUI, Jass or hard coded. Currently I am using GUI with some extensions, but finding a possible solution is more important.

DO NOT point me to the general tutorials about attachments/animations - been there done that, don't post links to stuff that is already been covered bc you are too lazy to think about my questions.

THX for any help in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.