• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[solved] Faceless or Trolls

What do you think

• Faceless

• Trolls

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hello guys, im so undecised.

Im making a 10 races melee map and i must add the last one.

Current races: Human - Night Elf - Undead - Orc - Naga - High Elf - Draenei - Demon - Qiraji

And i need to pick one of these: Faceless or Troll

-

Why Faceless?

One of the first Warcraft races with Aqirs and Trolls.

Why Troll?

Trolls -> Night elves -> High elves
-> Naga

Level 5
Hello,
my opinion is that Faceless could be more interesting. I think Trolls are compared to Faceless quite common and nothing really special and you already have access to trolls in every "usual" melee game. Due to that faceless are more special. Maybe this could also give the possibility to add some mechanics with old gods (okay this is also possible with Qiraji)

Level 21
Hello,
my opinion is that Faceless could be more interesting. I think Trolls are compared to Faceless quite common and nothing really special and you already have access to trolls in every "usual" melee game. Due to that faceless are more special. Maybe this could also give the possibility to add some mechanics with old gods (okay this is also possible with Qiraji)
Wow very good opinion, thanks bro, ill add it.

Level 20
I'd actually go with Trolls.

You already have the Qiraji, which are basically an Old God themed race (yes, I know, Qiraji served C'thun and Faceless Ones serve Yogg, but still...). Moreover, you have 4 Alliance-Aligned races (Humans, High Elves, Night Elves and Draenai) and only 2 Horde alligned ones (Orcs, Undead) - yes, I know, it's Warcraft 3 not WoW and it's really hard to classify NE, Draenai and Undead as either Horde or Alliance, but still, having a Troll race would kinda even things out at least a tiny bit.

Level 21
I'd actually go with Trolls.

You already have the Qiraji, which are basically an Old God themed race (yes, I know, Qiraji served C'thun and Faceless Ones serve Yogg, but still...). Moreover, you have 4 Alliance-Aligned races (Humans, High Elves, Night Elves and Draenai) and only 2 Horde alligned ones (Orcs, Undead) - yes, I know, it's Warcraft 3 not WoW and it's really hard to classify NE, Draenai and Undead as either Horde or Alliance, but still, having a Troll race would kinda even things out at least a tiny bit.
I really want to add them cuz they are one of the first wow races and are now so ignored.

But i dont check all availables units for Faceless race so if theres aren't enough i'll go with Trolls.

Level 10
Faceless don't strike me a race of their own, IMO. They're more like what demons are to the undead in WC3 - powerful special units that pop up in some places, but they don't have an entire tech tree to themselves.

In that vein, there is an opportunity for Faceless units to appear as part of the Qiraji faction, as a manifestation of the Old Gods' power.

Trolls on the other hand are a well established civilization with multi-faceted humanoid members. There's a lot of room for a variety of interesting unit types with unique identities to fill out a tech tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.