• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Changing this model's texture messes up the wrapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am trying to change a model's texture to a typical black and white, but this somehow messes up its wrapping. Take a look:

NormalCruelCloister.png

MessedUpCruelCloister.png

This model is the Cruel Cloister model by Gottfrei

Level 29
The wrapping is not directly related to the texture, but rather to the geoset.
Therefore, if you change the texture, and the new one doesn't follow the same structure that matches the geoset's wrapping, it will clearly wrap incorrectly.
Either the new texture needs to follow the same structure as the old one (e.g. by copying the texture and only changing its hue/contrast etc.), or you need to change the wrapping.

Custom models that use ingame textures can use them in an obscure way, often wrapping around the same part multiple times, and if that part is pretty consistent on the original texture, but dynamic on your own, this is how it ends up looking. You need to have the texture suit the model, not the other way around, unless you edit the model, ofc.

I don't edit any of the texture's details except for the color. No positions were altered. Another thing is I don't know much about modelling so nothing from the model itself is actually changed, only the texture. So it's kinda obvious now that I don't know anything about geosets. Here's a comparison between the original texture and the black and white texture.

DarkPortal03.png

DarkPortal03Black.png

As you can see, none of their positions was changed. How exactly do I make the texture suit for the model?

I don't understand.
If all you did was recolor the texture, why is the model modified at all?
And if it's modified, then why have you not attached it?

My mistake, I meant another copy of the model that uses the modified texture. The model isn't actually modified. I said it wrongly, my bad ._.

Oh, I think I know what the problem is.

Go to the imported textures in Magos, check "wrap height" and "wrap width".

Wow that actually works! Thanks a lot,sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.