• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sliding Rocks' Points with Polar Offsets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hi guys,

There is a region in my map which has sliding rocks in it i accomplished to kill every units which get into contact with the rocks, the sliding effects but somehow couldn't do the polar offset points where are the points that the rocks will be created and start sliding.

• Unit - Create 1 The Rock for Player 12 (Brown) at ((Center of Rocks Coming <gen>) offset by (((Real((Random integer number between -1 and 1))) x 256.00), 256.00)) facing 270.00 degrees
This is my creation trigger but i can't put these rocks into the region so it doesn't work. Any help will be apperciated :)
:vw_sad:

Level 30
Hi guys,

There is a region in my map which has sliding rocks in it i accomplished to kill every units which get into contact with the rocks, the sliding effects but somehow couldn't do the polar offset points where are the points that the rocks will be created and start sliding.

• Unit - Create 1 The Rock for Player 12 (Brown) at ((Center of Rocks Coming <gen>) offset by (((Real((Random integer number between -1 and 1))) x 256.00), 256.00)) facing 270.00 degrees
This is my creation trigger but i can't put these rocks into the region so it doesn't work. Any help will be apperciated :)
:vw_sad:

Making units slide like in Polar Escape

This might help you! =)

And try making the unit's Coliision Size to 0 when putting it in region.

Level 19
But the problem is not like the polar escapes sliding system. If you know uther party there was a level with hermit crabs and there were waves coming out from a region think that mine is the footman for the crabs and rocks for the waves.
But i cant put the rocks first places correctly and the rocks slide away in wrong places.

Level 30
But the problem is not like the polar escapes sliding system. If you know uther party there was a level with hermit crabs and there were waves coming out from a region think that mine is the footman for the crabs and rocks for the waves.
But i cant put the rocks first places correctly and the rocks slide away in wrong places.

Why cant you put? And also you can try the trigger Move annd make the unit move.

Level 19
Only option I can think of is contact the author and ask him for the trigger he used so it will give you ideas. =)

The funny thing is that version of uther party can be viewed in the editor and i can see all the triggers but i didn't understand the coordinate part. I tried to understand them with changing the values but i couldn't come to a solution :((

Status
Not open for further replies.