• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Slashcraft 2.1.9

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Slashcraft 2.1.9

Game style:
  • 2D fighting

Map info:
  • This is the first fighting game styled Warcraft 3 map.
  • It was mostly influenced by Mortal Kombat and KwonHo.

Features:
  • 10 champions
  • in-game hotkey list (accessible even while fighting)
  • champion descriptions (replacing quests)
  • several game modes and further options
  • game settings displayed in a multiboard (if the text 'Settings' flashes, P1 is checking the options)
  • unique champion selection with a difficulty meter for new players
  • an AI (playing as Morse Explorer, one of the champions) to test it in single player mode

Interface:
  • time and wins are displayed at the top
  • buttons indicate hotkeys (players are supposed to use only the keyboard)
  • visible buttons indicate cooldown
  • cooldown of the invisible button (which is made visible by a normal attack) is indicated by a small light
  • colored health bars indicating the players' health with their own color, and the enemies' health with a small line

Moves:
  • every champion has a normal attack, two special moves and one unique ability (these are different for each champion)
  • jump - enables the champion to evade attacks (some attacks can't be evaded)
  • block - if timed well, blocks half of the incoming damage

Hotkeys and cooldowns:
  • Q Attack - 0.5s
  • W Special 1 - 2.5s
  • Q+W Special 2 - 2.0s
  • E Unique - 25.0s

• UP Jump - 2.0s
  • DOWN Block - 3.0s

Settings:
  • arena can be picked
  • game mode can be chosen
  • damage output can be increased or decreased
  • collision can be turned on and off

Game modes:
  • Pirate Assault - every few seconds the ship in the background fires its cannon targeting a random point in the arena
  • Scorching Sun - the sun is so hot that the champions are burned red and eventually die if they don't cool themselves with the water that randomly comes up from the ground

• Acid Rain - decreases the life of every champion each second
  • Tempest - everything turns dark, the only time you are able to see your enemy is when a lightning illuminates the area

• Lambageddon - every few seconds a sheep falls down from the sky, dealing damage to nearby champions

Background Music:
  • KwonHo battle song

Additional information
initial upload

camera shakes when damage is dealt
changed Banshee's name to Spirit Adept
added Enchanted Moth as an availible champion
the attack sound delay got shorter when Forsaken Assassin attacks
once a champion dies, the victorious champion will immediately face the camera
fixed a bug where an additional spell would pop up if you immediately toggled Special 2 after jumping

changed the Enchanted Moth's Unique
added a short description about every champion
made the text on the loading screen somewhat shorter
jump time has been decreased, animation remains the same
added the hotkeys to the buttons as well, as people refuse to read the tutorial for some reason

minor modifications in the interface
moved the hotkey description to a different location
changed High Tide Ripper's S2 when he has his servitor fighting
fixed a bug in the High Tide Ripper's movement with his servitor
the champion controllers are initially selected, so you have more time to get to know the controls

created custom buttos
changed Player 1's color to yellow
added Stormy Invader as an availible champion
Enchanted Moth's orbs are now invisible, S2's damage is decreased
fixed a bug where players would be able to start moves before the game started
decreased the amount of time the victorious champion waits before facing the camera

created three game modes
added Magmatic Ursidae as an avilible champion
the time a unit is considered jumping has been decreased
fixed a bug where Stormy Invader was able to teleport out of the arena
increased Stormy Invader's ultimate's damage, and decreased its duration
decreased the delay between the laying of Raging Brand's S1 and the actual explosion

added Maverick Automaton as an avilible champion
replaced the champion labels with a difficulty meter
Magmatic Ursidae's S1 sphere is removed when a champion dies
enabled rotation to every direction from first champion at champion selection
modified the order of champions in the descriptions to fit the champion selection

added a new game mode
added the ability to block
increased Morse Explorer's S2's damage
Enchanted Moth's S2 has a short casting time
changed the special effect on Magmatic Ursidae's S1
Stormy Invader's and High Tide Ripper's S1 and S2 moves have been switched
Maverick Automaton is now slowed while launching S2 when its Unique is active
S2 is no longer triggered by pressing the down arrow key, now you have to combine attack with S1

High Tide Ripper's S2 damages jumping units as well
Raging Brand's S2 no longer damages him if he's at or below 3 health
enabled players to test the map in single player mode against the Morse Explorer

the AI's name is now Morse Explorer
changed Shepherd of Fall's S1 to a heal
Forsaken Assassin's S1 now turns him invisible
Magmatic Ursidae's unique only deals half the damage to him
Morse Explorer's unique no longer stuns, it makes the enemy unable to move instead
reduced cooldowns and players don't have to wait as long as earlier before moving after an attack
P1's life bar is on the left, and P2' life bar is on the right side, indicating their own and the enemy's health

champion slots have been reduced to 10
reduced High Tide Ripper's unique's duration
the AI no longer tries to evade invisible things
fixed the bug that made people unable to play the map online
once a champion dies, the victorious champion can no longer receive damage from moves like Morse Explorer's S1
extended the block time to one second, reduced its cooldown and fixed the bug when you died even though you blocked enough damage to stay alive

enabled blocking while jumping
added the ability to restart the game
reduced High Tide Ripper's S2's damage
changed the order of the champion descriptions
replaced the Enchanted Moth with Engulfing Matter
redesigned game mode selection and added further game settings

jumps take longer
changed descriptions
reduced block's cooldown
set Forsaken Assassin's difficulty to 3
changed Raging Brand's S2 and unique
decreased the number of spectators to one
replaced High Tide Ripper with Sanctified Panda
slightly increased Spirit Adept's unique's damage
slowed the basic attack to make it easier to cast S2
Morse Explorer's unique is now his S2, he has a new unique
Morse Explorer's S1 now targets the ground in front of the enemy
damage 'amplifier' is now 'output' and its values are 50% - 100% - 150%
movement speeds are now added and substracted instead of set to a value
Forsaken Assassin's S2 is now able to immediately deal damage if it's layed close to the enemy
fixed the bug where Player 2's camera was initially pointed at the second champion instead of the sixth
created a new system to hinder collision, if both champions are jumping, they will collide with each other

added background music
changed the order of champions
changed Forsaken Assassin's unique
movement speed is increased while jumping
fixed the bug in Spirit Adept's unique's slow
fixed a minor bug in Morse Explorer's S2's slow
changed the 'Spectators' force name to 'Spectator'
champions can no longer be teleported out of the arena
Sanctified Panda's unique no longer gets the AI bugged
fixed the bug where Tempest mode didn't restart each round

added a new arena
removed the spectator
changed the background music
every arena will have 2 unique game modes
Shepherd of Fall has a completely new skill set
slightly decreased Forsaken Assassin's unique's delay
Forsaken Assassin's S1 now doesn't add speed, it sets it to a value
disabled the Lambageddon game mode until the release of a third arena, but created two new ones for the latest one
once a new round starts and a champion casts a spell, it'll no longer start walking if the player hasn't pressed either left or right

changed Raging Brand's unique
Raging Brand's difficulty went up to 4
removed the glow and orb from Raging Brand's model

added shadows
enhanced the collision system
changed champion description order
replaced Maverick Automaton with Floral Trainee
replaced Magmatic Ursidae with High Tide Ripper
fixed a damage related bug in Engulfing Matter's S2
reduced the casting time of Engulfing Matter's Unique
changed Engulfing Matter's model and a minor special effect
changed Shepherd of Fall's Unique's system to make it work while having shadows
Keywords:
Slashcraft Fighting Game Mortal Kombat Street Fighter
Contents

Slashcraft 2.1.9 (Map)

Reviews
10:45, 23rd Jul 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment
Level 16
What's hindering you? :p

• The fact it already exists in war3 :S
  • Time
  • Other maps

I might try to make one because nowadays I don't have many things to do so...
I just played the map for about 20-30 minutes. It was awessoooooommme. However I've noticed some problems and I have advices/suggestions too.

Somethimes the cooldowns are just too big :S For example, jump. The assassin's skills (and others sometimes) can interrupt the movement easily making you unable to move until you release and press and button again.
Some of the chars aren't that hard showed at the selection and others are harder. For example the hero with the tidehunter skin is pretty easy. You should extend that difficulty line to 10 bars to make it easier to choose difficulty level.

Raging Brand is quite useless since the S2 damages himself. Unique don't deals damage at all...
The tree's S2 does no damage. Same as the Clockwerk goblin's rockets with unique.

Suggestions: :)
Why don't you make the heroes able to cast and attack in mid-air? It would make the game more awesome and gives you space to make new skills and combos.
Create different stages :) The current one looks pretty good but after a time it's a bit boring.
Moar heroes. I have a lot of ideas for heroes and skills since I wanted to make a map with this type ~.~ If you want, I can share them and also give skill ideas for the already existing characters.
The assassin's unique should strike faster but deal much less damage. Now it can kill the enemy in 5 secs.

Last edited:
Level 9
  • The fact it already exists in war3 :S
  • Time
  • Other maps

I might try to make one because nowadays I don't have many things to do so...
I just played the map for about 20-30 minutes. It was awessoooooommme. However I've noticed some problems and I have advices/suggestions too.

Somethimes the cooldowns are just too big :S For example, jump. The assassin's skills (and others sometimes) can interrupt the movement easily making you unable to move until you release and press and button again.
Some of the chars aren't that hard showed at the selection and others are harder. For example the hero with the tidehunter skin is pretty easy. You should extend that difficulty line to 10 bars to make it easier to choose difficulty level.

Suggestions: :)
Why don't you make the heroes able to cast and attack in mid-air? It would make the game more awesome and gives you space to make new skills and combos.
Create different stages :) The current one looks pretty good but after a time it's a bit boring.
Moar heroes. I have a lot of ideas for heroes and skills since I wanted to make a map with this type ~.~ If you want, I can share them and also give skill ideas for the already existing characters.
The assassin's unique should strike faster but deal much less damage. Now it can kill the enemy in 5 secs.

The new arena will be released with the next version.

I've actually started replacing boring champions (the one you were talking about has been removed as well), so your ideas are more than welcome. I'm not planning to add more champions for the time being, I'm working on the already existing ones (or replace them if I really have to).
The Forsaken Assassin's unique will be changed I think.

A mid-air attack has been requested by others as well, my only problem with that kind of attack is the fact that it doesn't work well with the animation. Basically I'd have them running (well, that's what they do) in the air and something happens. Will try to figure out something.

Thanks for the feedback!

Level 16
You could make another combo. Now these 3(4) attacks are kinda slight. For example make a Q+E and a Q+Q combo for double damage and/or debuff. Second one is for a better attack just like in M.U.G.E.N. games and other 2D fighting games.

HeroQ+E
Shepherd of FallCalls out a swarm of spirits from the lamp to steal hp from the enemy.

Morse ExplolerRolls toward the enemy in a Snowball. (Just like in DotA ~.~)

Raging BrandTemporary protects the hero from the damage of his skills.

Spirit AdeptCreates a shield of wandering ghosts that defends 5 attacks. (Possession models circulating? o_O)

Engulfing MatterShoots a beam towards the enemy.

Stormy InvaderThe hero becomes enveloped with energy, losing his physical form, to temporary increase it's special attack damage but disabling normal attack.

Forsaken AssassinBecomes invisible for a few seconds.

High Tide RipperSends a water wall towards the enemy knocking it back

Magmatic UrsidaeFire breath.

Maverick AutomatonShoots a hook to grab the hero and the enemy closer to each other.

If you plan to add new heroes I write some other ideas ~.~

Level 9
You could make another combo. Now these 3(4) attacks are kinda slight. For example make a Q+E and a Q+Q combo for double damage and/or debuff. Second one is for a better attack just like in M.U.G.E.N. games and other 2D fighting games.

HeroQ+E
Shepherd of FallCalls out a swarm of spirits from the lamp to steal hp from the enemy.

Morse ExplolerRolls toward the enemy in a Snowball. (Just like in DotA ~.~)

Raging BrandTemporary protects the hero from the damage of his skills.

Spirit AdeptCreates a shield of wandering ghosts that defends 5 attacks. (Possession models circulating? o_O)

Engulfing MatterShoots a beam towards the enemy.

Stormy InvaderThe hero becomes enveloped with energy, losing his physical form, to temporary increase it's special attack damage but disabling normal attack.

Forsaken AssassinBecomes invisible for a few seconds.

High Tide RipperSends a water wall towards the enemy knocking it back

Magmatic UrsidaeFire breath.

Maverick AutomatonShoots a hook to grab the hero and the enemy closer to each other.

If you plan to add new heroes I write some other ideas ~.~

Nice stuff there, thanks for your input. The problem is that I'm currently working on replacing some champions, so some of them won't be needed. Actually you gave me a good idea with the list, giving that you want Q+E combos. I think I'll have to reduce the cooldown of the E abilities and simply make them weaker.
For now I'm going to look for UP+Q (so mid-air) attacks I think, as that's the thing that's required the most (there were people requesting it, and I feel that it's really needed as well).
I don't think that I'll make E a part of any combo, however I do plan to come up with a new system for the Q+W ones. The blue W appearing after an attack makes everything look really nice, but it slows down the gameplay as it is rather difficult to launch the skill in time, because the game doesn't want to accept that the skill button is already there, and even if you press W in time, nothing happens, and by the time you'd press it a second time it simply disappears. I was thinking about having the same skill for S1 and S2 (and maybe a later S3, your suggested abilities would come in there), but that would make them share the same cooldown. I don't really think that lowering the cooldown any further would be a good idea as it could mess things up, and I don't want people to spam the same ability throughout the whole game.
Maybe I'll create some sort of countdown that lets players know when the ability is up. But if I did that, players would have to keep checking it, not being able to pay full attention to the fight. I'm really confused.

Level 16
When I've told the cooldown thingie I just thought of the jump because now you can't jump too often.
You did the system with normal skills? If so then try to make it with shops(that's waht I've planned).
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/shop-within-shop-193048/
I've planned to use this system with powerups so that may speed up the gameplay a bit because the shop is instant.
In M.U.G.E.N. there is no cooldown for any of the skills but there is a power bar (in fact, mana) that slowly chares up during the fight enabling stronger moves. Maybe you should make something like that.

Sorry man but, Bugz, your view couldn't be more wrong. If having more than one of something made both worse, then why do we have so many good games? There are tons of RTS games, fighting games and RPGs. It's better to have two games than one game, because the two different games will have two entirely different feels. However, having a hundred games that are copies of each other with varying quality would be a bad thing. (such as mauls or loaps)

Level 16
Sorry man but, Bugz, your view couldn't be more wrong. If having more than one of something made both worse, then why do we have so many good games? There are tons of RTS games, fighting games and RPGs. It's better to have two games than one game, because the two different games will have two entirely different feels. However, having a hundred games that are copies of each other with varying quality would be a bad thing. (such as mauls or loaps)

In fact, that's what I said ~.~

Level 9
I was stupid enough to remove the spectators together with the computer. Anyway, instead of removing it in this version, I simply decreased the number to one. It's fixed, thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT: About music - I think I'll ask a friend of mine to help me out with that. I want to create something myself, but the list would come handy anyhow. For inspiration. No idea what these kinda songs are like.

Last edited:
Level 9
Add more champions, more chars!!!

And when a char deals damage to another there should be a blood particle or something in the damaged char! like that it would be better

I'm not really planning to add more champions, first thing to do is make the existing ones perfect. I don't really understand why you guys want more champions. I mean, I'm pretty sure that there are hardly any people who have played all 10 champions.

The blood is a good idea that I have already attempted adding to the map in one of the earlier versions. The problem with that is that I'd have to create the special effect at the point where the champions are staying, and they'd run out of the effect all the time, ruining the whole stuff. I can't create the special effects as attachments, because champions are removed all the time.
I might figure out a way somehow, I'll look into it.

EDIT: Found a way to create blood effects that work well.

Last edited:
I'm not really planning to add more champions, first thing to do is make the existing ones perfect. I don't really understand why you guys want more champions. I mean, I'm pretty sure that there are hardly any people who have played all 10 champions.

The blood is a good idea that I have already attempted adding to the map in one of the earlier versions. The problem with that is that I'd have to create the special effect at the point where the champions are staying, and they'd run out of the effect all the time, ruining the whole stuff. I can't create the special effects as attachments, because champions are removed all the time.
I might figure out a way somehow, I'll look into it.

EDIT: Found a way to create blood effects that work well.

Cause with more champions there is more selection, and with more selection more variety, and with that u can make more players play. Sometimes u want find something new. Im pretty sure u can add more chars while u balance the ones that u already have

Level 9
Ballancing... Well yea, I'm not even getting any feedback regarding these 10 champions either (we're talking about damage and function, not new abilities), so how could I add more while keeping it ballanced? ><

EDIT: Decided not to add blood effects (after creating the whole system...) because we'd only have blood caused by normal attacks. If the whole game was about punching the enemy, blood would've been required. But not in this case.

Last edited:
Level 2
i saw comments
you've been working hardly on your map
i appreciate your work :) although i didn't play the map yet but i guess i will find it fun :D

Level 16
Here you are the list. Not all I have but all I can get now :S Contains great song in various styles.

DJ SHINYA - HarmoNIZE -- Battle theme from Soul Eater
Valve - Vortal Combat -- Battle theme from Half Life 2 - Episode 2
Two Steps From Hell - Iron Soul --
Hans Zimmer - Dream is Collapsing -- Inception theme song
Two Steps From Hell - Ice Planet --
Two Steps from Hell - Moving Mountains --
John Murphy - In the House In a Heartbeat -- 28 Days Later theme song
Two Steps From Hell - Intoxication --
Celldweller - Ursa Minor (Electron mix) --
MoozE - Bullet-Proof & Panic-Stricken --
'Evolution' - Parkour Instrumental HQ Prod. by 'Krysiz' --
Epic Score - Stand Tall --
Apocalyptica - Path --
In Flames - Cloud Connected --
Ils - Feed The Addiction -- Need For Speed - Most Wanted song
Celldweller - Frozen --

Ballancing... Well yea, I'm not even getting any feedback regarding these 10 champions either (we're talking about damage and function, not new abilities), so how could I add more while keeping it ballanced? ><

EDIT: Decided not to add blood effects (after creating the whole system...) because we'd only have blood caused by normal attacks. If the whole game was about punching the enemy, blood would've been required. But not in this case.

Why don't you make a system based on Unit - Takes damage? When you reduce the health bar you can damage an invisible unit as well and if that unit takes damage then it creates a blood effect on the hero. All you need is 2 "dummy" unit (locust is not necesseary I guess) and around 2 easy extra trigger.

Level 9
That wasn't the problem actually. I've been able to trigger the blood. Earlier the problem was that the effect either didn't follow the champion or it disappeared randomly because of the movement. That's how I made the system, can't do much about it.
Yesterday I managed to do it by creating units for each blood effect. These units followed the champions (got teleported to them every 0.01 seconds), they even jumped when the champion did, so it was perfectly done, really.
The thing is, I had to remove them because they weren't needed at all. If this was a punching/kicking beat 'em up, I would have had to add it, but in Slashcraft, most abilities are skillshots that don't make anything bleed. Like, imagine the Spirit Adepts S1 or S2 causing someone to blee. It just doesn't work.

Thanks a lot for the list, I'll check it out later today!

As for people asking for more champions: 10 is plenty. I'm sick of people always wanting to have 50 choices. When you have more than 12 choices, some of them are going to start to be repeats with similar roles, such as those RPGs people sometimes see that have an assassin, a rogue, a thief, a stalker, a phantom and all sorts of heroes that do almost the same damn thing.
10 is plenty, and if you ever decide to add more, don't add more than 2, making it a total of 12. It's better to have classes that have distinction from one to the next. I notice many games change only the name and model while leaving some classes still very similar in function.

Level 16
That wasn't the problem actually. I've been able to trigger the blood. Earlier the problem was that the effect either didn't follow the champion or it disappeared randomly because of the movement. That's how I made the system, can't do much about it.
Yesterday I managed to do it by creating units for each blood effect. These units followed the champions (got teleported to them every 0.01 seconds), they even jumped when the champion did, so it was perfectly done, really.
The thing is, I had to remove them because they weren't needed at all. If this was a punching/kicking beat 'em up, I would have had to add it, but in Slashcraft, most abilities are skillshots that don't make anything bleed. Like, imagine the Spirit Adepts S1 or S2 causing someone to blee. It just doesn't work.

Thanks a lot for the list, I'll check it out later today!

As I know you can attach effects to the dummies so why don't you just attach it to the heroes?

Level 9
As I know you can attach effects to the dummies so why don't you just attach it to the heroes?

Of course you can. Have you noticed that champions don't actually turn around? You press a key and you instantly face that point. That's done by deleting the previous champion and creating a new one instantly. Whenever that happens, the effect disappears. That's simply the way I wanted to stop them.

Level 9
I knew there was something wrong when I got so many emails saying there's a new reply to the thread! Wasn't clever enough to check the previous page lol. Thanks for your review, I appreciate it. The arena question is something that's killing me. I really need to come up with something new.

Level 16
added background music

Level 9
added background music

Is something wrong with any of those? :D
I'll try to create some unique music for the next version, just need to talk with a friend of mine. But I'll definitely go for a sound that's similar to this one.